FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: jiggin today  (Read 816 times)

fishogger

jiggin today
« on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:07 PM »
me and another member went on a hog crappie hunt today.  man that was some great weather out there!  couldn't have been anymore pleasant.  we didn't fill the boat up with fish but we did ok.  found them mainly in 8-14fow. had to search and then we had to tease them for awhile. we probed schools of fish, found with the finder, on drop edges, with jig and plastics.  he had on white and I had the usual green.  there were a ton of fish but small percentage taking a nip. mite have caught 10 bass and 20-25 crappie. bass were eater size and the crappie mostly ran 10-13" with the biggest 14.5 if I remember rite.  if im wrong he will correct me. lol

forgot to add the company was great too.  always nice to fish with good fishermen that aren't always in the trees.  lol 
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

Teacherpreacher

Re: jiggin today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2019, 12:52 PM »
Dandy crappie! Got 'em before winter set in! ::) ::) Way to go !
Teach

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Nice one hogger..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishogger

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:36 AM »
thx

50 degrees that day and 24 the next.  needless to say I haven't been out to try since.  the ramp would freeze up and I couldn't get back out. lol

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2019, 11:24 AM »
I carry ice melt for that reason,going to wawasee Sunday hopefully the ramp there isnít to crusted over .Suposed to warm back up into the fortyís then

Piggyn

« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Ö the biggest 14.5 if I remember rite.

You are correct!

forgot to add the company was great too.

X2!!!

50 degrees that day and 24 the next.  needless to say I haven't been out to try since.  the ramp would freeze up and I couldn't get back out. lol

I need to start keeping a container of sand, pea gravel, or kitty litter in my trunk during the ice season.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

fishogger

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:22 AM »
sand always a good thing to have on hand. 

one day at appleman lk yrs ago.  it was a nasty ice storm and everything was coated with 1/2" of ice.  people were practically trapped at the bottom of the hill.  the ones who went out were slinging rocks all over the place.  pelting everyones cars with rocks.  :(  little sand would have went long way there.

I almost got stranded at silver lake ramp(angola) that is a long steep hill for winter use!  when the urge hits you sometimes you have no control. lol I made it out. with the boat trailor!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.