FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: How true  (Read 198 times)

Doubles Shooter

How true
« on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:52 AM »

oatkasut

Re: How true
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2020, 11:01 PM »
I could never understand that either! :o :o

tomturkey

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 05:50 PM »
They can't reel with their left hand. The few times I have been out trolling with my buddy on Lake Michigan I would be the first to see a fish strike. I would grab the rod with my right hand. When I went to set the hook I tried to get a hold of the handle on the reel with my left hand. I missed every strike as the reels were all right handed. I learned to just holler fish on.

All off my reels are left handed. I prefer to fight a fish with my strong arm which is my right.

Unclegillhunter

• Green grass and high times forever!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Donít think it is a matter of canít reel with the left hand as much as right hand retrieve reels are what we learned to fish with. The first reel I was fishing with is a Zebco 77, right hand retrieve. It has been knocking around with me for 61 years. Have a couple of bait casters form the same era, right hand retrieve. For years now you can decide weather you want left or right hand retrieve. Guess my left arm is strong enough. PB blue catfish with a Zebco 202 8# test mono, 38# Have yet to meet the panfish that my left arm is not able to subdue!  :-*
Keep it safe! JDL
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.