FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GOT THE BOAT AND RODS READY  (Read 1446 times)

abishop

GOT THE BOAT AND RODS READY
« on: Apr 02, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Hoping to get out in the morning after work. Not sure where I am going yet. Was going to wait till Saturday (my day off), but, wouldn't you know it, the weather is going to turn to crappy... So Friday is suppose to be beautiful. 65 degrees and light winds. Couldn't ask for a better opening day.

abishop

Re: GOT THE BOAT AND RODS READY
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2020, 03:05 PM »
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TO BE OUT ON THE WATER. IT IS TOO BAD WE DIDNT SCORE ANYTHING BUT A SMALL BASS. I COULDNT BELIEVE ALL THE WEEDS THAT ARE GROWING IN BASS LAKE. MORE THAN I HAVE EVER SEEN. LOOKS LIKE THE SLOUGH. THINK IT COULD BE A GOOD THING. BUT, VERY HARD TO FISH. TRIED FOR 5 HOURS AND PULLED THE PLUG. NO WIND- VERY BAD...

LundProv

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Abish, sorry you had such a tough day on Bass... I got there about 7 and was surprised to see 7 or 8 boats already launched.  My surprise was simply because previous times there in the past two weeks has had one or two rigs in the lot.  I went to Cranberry point area and zeroed and then headed to the 30' hole not far from there and got 2 small crappies with perch rigs.  Headed to the 28' hole in front of the old state park beach area and got 10 more small crappies.  There were 3 other boats sharing the same spot and I saw them catch random crappie.  I left at noon and there was a talkative gent from Illinois that shared he caught 5 walleye.  I failed to ask if any of them were big enough to keep as we both seemed happy must to have someone to talk with from a distance.  I also caught 3 walleye that were about 12".  When I left at noonish, the launch area was very busy so I imagine the traffic just kept increasing on the water.  I enjoy fishing Bass but probably should stay closer to home with Flint and Long here in my town.  I can catch slightly larger crappies on those bodies of water but a change of scenery is nice...  Came home and showered and started to read until I fell asleep.  Geeze, this unstructured life, with the office closed for now is a bit addicting at this stage of life.  I think my wife is getting less patient with me when I have to ask her - Hey sweety, what day of the week is it today? 

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2020, 08:49 AM »
WE PULLED INTO THE LAUNCH AROUND 8:30, AND GOT THE LAST SPOT TO PARK. THINK WE LEFT AROUND 1:30. I HAVE LOOKED FOR THIS 30 HOLE AND I COULD NEVER FIND IT. I KNOW IT IS SMALL, ONE OF THESE DAYS, MAYBE.... COULD ANYONE REMEMBER THERE BEING THIS MANY WEEDS ?????

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2020, 03:55 PM »
WE PULLED INTO THE LAUNCH AROUND 8:30, AND GOT THE LAST SPOT TO PARK. THINK WE LEFT AROUND 1:30. I HAVE LOOKED FOR THIS 30 HOLE AND I COULD NEVER FIND IT. I KNOW IT IS SMALL, ONE OF THESE DAYS, MAYBE.... COULD ANYONE REMEMBER THERE BEING THIS MANY WEEDS ?????

Straight north of cranberry point. You will find the hole.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2020, 04:44 PM »
Straight north of cranberry point. You will find the hole.
Blind in one eye and cant see in the other. I have searched at least 3 times with no success. Not a big deal....

Spooled85

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Blind in one eye and cant see in the other. I have searched at least 3 times with no success. Not a big deal....

d**n bishop let me know when your on the lake so I can up my insurance lol ..... Joke  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.