FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Coho Trolling Question  (Read 911 times)

redjones

Coho Trolling Question
« on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Going to try the lake in the morning,first time in 20 yrs.or so,figure I'll run some #10 Husky Jerks and maybe some # 7-9 Flicker Minnows off of inline planner boards.
Anyway its been awhile since I trolled for coho and was wondering what speed most guys are running.
I've read the coho's are a little deeper now days,used to do real good in the top 6-8' of water but heard maybe 8 plus down might be better now.
At one time I fished the lake a lot but sold my big boat and just fished from shore,but I have a new to me rig that I'm going to try and get out in more.
I usually fish Erie with friends quite a bit but thats kinda of shut down for now so time to hit up the local water.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated,were going out of the ditch probably head toward US lighthouse.

Thanks..........Greg

Spooled85

Re: Coho Trolling Question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:04 PM »
We usually troll between 1.5 to 1.8 sometimes 2 . I've heard the are out front and not very deep jsut look for your suspended marks and run some deep some shallow and see what takes.... Good luck

Gartoon

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2020, 04:49 AM »
How did you do ? :D

redjones

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2020, 05:50 AM »
Getting ready to head out now.
Thanks for the reply,I'll post up later either good or bad.

Greg

redjones

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2020, 07:08 PM »
Got a good start this morning,no problems with anything.
Started outside the ditch along with a few other boats,nothing,headed toward US break wall and ended up with 3,everyone we talked to said it was slow.
Seemed 1.8-2.0 mph area was best,we lost probably 5-6,oh well it was a beautiful day.

Thanks.........Greg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.