FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware  (Read 740 times)

fishercat

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 313
  • hard water or soft water just let me fish
Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« on: May 08, 2020, 02:49 PM »
 Just a heads up for you folks  that consume morel mushrooms.
 Several weeks ago I had my first batch of morel mushrooms. On the same night I also had three or four beers. Within about three hours severe nausea and diarrhea.
 Sidenote I have consumed morals in the past with no problems.

 Well the same thing happened last night. Consumed a very small amount of moral mushrooms. And two or three beers. Three hours later same thing.

Look up on the Internet and find the information provided below.

 
 

Morel mushrooms are sought after for their earthy taste and meaty texture. But like many varieties of mushroom, morels can cause allergic reactions or stomach upset for some people, especially if the mushrooms are undercooked or eaten raw [sources: Cascio and Johnson, MDCH]. Even those who are normally able to enjoy morels without any ill effects may find that consuming them with alcohol causes nausea or vomiting. Stranger still, a trouble-free experience with morels and alcohol in the past doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have an adverse reaction in the future.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Perch-Pirate

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 383
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 03:30 PM »
Wow! That is weird! Never heard that before. I can’t attest that it never happens with white button mushrooms..good to know if I ever can find any Morels!

taxid

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 5,644
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:38 PM »
So alcohol and fungus don't mix? Ya learn something new every day.

I do know a guy that loved morels. One day he ate so many he got sick. To this day he can no longer eat them.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1,201
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:18 PM »
Also the less popular inky beard, can be toxic when consumed with alcohol in the system, any alcohol within 3 days even.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fishinator

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 337
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 07:43 PM »
So alcohol and fungus don't mix? Ya learn something new every day.

I do know a guy that loved morels. One day he ate so many he got sick. To this day he can no longer eat them.
I know someone that did the same. Even eats one and he gets sick now.

rebelss

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 170
  • Northern's for Supper!
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 08:09 PM »
I only consume the elusive ITC m'room, just to be safe. (In the can)  :rotflol:
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies


taxid

  • Sr. Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 5,644
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 08:53 PM »
So you've never tried morels? Oh man fried in butter they are fantastic!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rebelss

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 170
  • Northern's for Supper!
Re: Morel mushrooms and alcohol beware
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33 AM »
LOL   Yes, I've had them, and I agree. Just too chicken to go pick my own....don't trust myself. I'd worry they weren't true morels...
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies


 



Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.