FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Made to the salt  (Read 1135 times)

fishcaptain1

Made to the salt
« on: May 25, 2020, 07:09 PM »
Made it to a local spot this morning wasn’t looking to catch any cause I had the last two hours of the out going tide but I was pleasantly surprised caught eight flounder but only four keepers but they were great fish sandwiches for the family tonight

Also my uncle put his boat I. The water last week and he called and said we are leaving at 6 Sunday morning and I said I will be there. He wanted to head to Jeffries but I had my book of numbers and we stopped short about 8 miles and boy did it pay off. There was five of us on the boat and we had our limit of 75 haddock at 11 and at the dock at 12:45. It was a fish a cast all day with a few shorts and most were legal I know no pictures no fish but we caught 100 fish East with the cod. It was the best fishing for haddock I have seen this close to shore in along time. If you have a boat and can travel the 13.8 miles from rye I wouldn’t wait much longer it was a great day and the weather was great too. The majority of the haddock came on mackerel pieces they liked that better than the clams

zwiggles

Re: Made to the salt
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 09:47 PM »
Nice report 👍

Sounds like a banner day on the salt, and plenty of good fish sandwiches to come as well!

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 05:12 AM »
Congrats a couple of great trips.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Very nice job and reports, Cap't.  :flag:
Sounds like a great time.

800stealth