FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Evinrude Outboard Motors. The end of an era.  (Read 665 times)

charlys1954

Re: Evinrude Outboard Motors. The end of an era.
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:56 PM »
.......the one bad thing about newer 2 strokes is oil injection.  if it fails(and it does) your cylinders are gone before you shut it down.  pre mix never has that problem.

Yep I agree. I've cussed my 1968 20hp Merc more times than I care to say for hard to start and a SOB pulling the rope. But I ould never have a 4 stroke or oil injection. I'd only get another only if it had a starter and was oil/gas fuel. With oil/gas fuel no matter what happens the cylinders will always get oil.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:31 PM »
Yep I agree. I've cussed my 1968 20hp Merc more times than I care to say for hard to start and a SOB pulling the rope. But I ould never have a 4 stroke or oil injection. I'd only get another only if it had a starter and was oil/gas fuel. With oil/gas fuel no matter what happens the cylinders will always get oil.

Not sure why you say you would never have a 4 stroke.

You drive a car or truck?
Motorcycle?
Snowblower?
Lawnmower?
Electric generator?
Gas engine pump?

All 4 strokes.

charlys1954

« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:12 AM »
Kind of a silly question but my last sentence answered your question.

You drive a car or truck?
Motorcycle?
Snowblower?
Lawnmower?
Electric generator?
Gas engine pump?

If my car's oil pump goes out a light/gauge will warn me to shut down immediately. Don't have a cycle, generator, engine pump so that's irrelevant to me. My blower is 2-stroke and if mower pump quits they're cheap to replace and never seen a 2-stroke mower anyway. Outboards are not cheap so I don't want a 4-stroke with no warning when the pump goes out, and who would want to get stranded out in open water with a blown motor if the oil pump/injector stops and you don't know.

To each his own is what they say, so if you want or have one have at it but I don't,

I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.