FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Moore Res  (Read 339 times)

jibbs

Moore Res
« on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:27 AM »
Hey guys ..I have a tourney come up on Moore dam at the end of July. I have never been there so Iím asking if anybody has any experience there ..looking for hots spots ..haha..just kidding but maybe some ideas on what type of structure I might encounter ..feel free to pm ..thanks I pay it forward if you ever need info
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Moore Res
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:35 PM »
I only fished there once and I remember I didn't have any depth charts on my Navionics. I believe it was tough fishing with little to no structure on the banks other than weeds.

Johnnh

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Jibbs,

I sent you a pm
John

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:49 PM »
Jibbs  Moore is my place.  No depth maps will ever be available.
East half has always been best.  Fast water at upper end is full of small mouth but big rocks are hard to spot.  Mostly small mouth and most of them will be gorging on perch fry over deep water.  Lots of structure if  you look for it.  Not much for weeds but great when you locate it.  Water will be coming up so shoreline fish will be left behind far from last weeks shore.
Small bass still along shore. 
Rising water will mean lots of big driftwood so run carefully.
Moore is really dangerous run and gun place!! If I were more tech I would provide  hot spot map that would keep you in fish. 
Pretty sad to admit for a retired surveyor who managed Moore forest for 30 years.  I just trashed an 8' long aerial of Moore just before it was flooded.
Good luck.  Let us know how you do.
Dick

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Jibbs  Moore is my place.  No depth maps will ever be available.
East half has always been best.  Fast water at upper end is full of small mouth but big rocks are hard to spot.  Mostly small mouth and most of them will be gorging on perch fry over deep water.  Lots of structure if  you look for it.  Not much for weeds but great when you locate it.  Water will be coming up so shoreline fish will be left behind far from last weeks shore.
Small bass still along shore. 
Rising water will mean lots of big driftwood so run carefully.
But,  end of July might be a whole new kettle of fish?
Ask again!
Dick
Moore is really dangerous run and gun place!! If I were more tech I would provide  hot spot map that would keep you in fish. 
Pretty sad to admit for a retired surveyor who managed Moore forest for 30 years.  I just trashed an 8' long aerial of Moore just before it was flooded.
Good luck.  Let us know how you do.
Dick

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2020, 12:42 AM »
Guys thanks for all the help ..weird growing up in Milan I never fished Moore dam ..Iíll keep everyone posted
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:16 PM »
Jibbs    Really hope to hear your tournament results.   Moore has a habit of producing thousands of one to two pound small mouth.   I only hear stories of three and four pounders.  Let me know if you find out where those big bass hide. 
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.