FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: kickin fillets up a notch  (Read 414 times)

fishogger

kickin fillets up a notch
« on: Jul 27, 2020, 12:11 PM »
as a lot of you on here, I like to experiment with cooking.  I eat fish like an otter.  I do it at lunch mostly because the wife don't like fish more than once a week. so I get to play with cooking it a lot.  there are many many things you can add to fillets before shaking in your favorite mix.  liquids and dry seasonings both work great.  the additives are endless.

which brings me to todays lunch.  as I was looking in the fridge door at things to play with, I see oyster sauce. I love all kinds of nasty(as wife says) oriental goooos like that.  I never tried oyster sauce so why not.  I put a table spoon or so in a bowel with a couple hand fulls of gill fillets from yesterday. microplaned  some lemon zest in with it and worked it all around.  then I shook the fillets in fry magic. they smelled amazing when the first batch went in!  kinda had a hint of seafood in the air.  when I popped one in my mouth I knew I had a winner to remember!  holy moly was that the bomb!  I consumed half this plate full plus the couple I ate while frying.  no tarter or cocktail sauce needed. hand on the belly.  you know the feeling. ;D

cant wait to try this with some flathead fillets or chunks of pike!

sounds really funky but you should give this a try.  the wife will love it when she comes home.  that is if I don't tell her whats in it first. lol  like my home made fish stock.  she thought it was good till she came home early and caught me making it one day. lol  how else are you supposed to make fish stock? lmao you just cant make fish chowder without real full flavored packed with cologne fish stock. 
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

fishogger

Re: kickin fillets up a notch
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2020, 12:16 PM »
please share your favorite additives you like to use on fish.  or your favorite dipping sauces.

my favorite is cocktail sauce.  just horse radish, wishtichire sauce(or however you spell it), lemon juice, catchup, and some garlic and onion powder.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Homemade cocktail sauce, lemon juice and good horseradish are key

fishogger

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2020, 12:20 PM »
10-4 on that.  the more horse power the better for me. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor