FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sebago charter  (Read 1342 times)

fish wayniac

Sebago charter
« on: Aug 04, 2020, 05:35 AM »
This past Sunday I was invited on a Birthday party fishing trip for my co- worker. We went with Jim on the Honey Badger guide service. It was nice to fish from a boat that was set up so nice. I was the most experienced troller in the group so he had me help letting out lines and rigging shiners on slider hooks. I think I need to tell my wife I really need electric down riggers. Lol! We caught 11 Togue and had 2 Salmon shake the hook that were close to the boat. I learned that you don’t have to be in over 100 ft of water to catch fish. All the fish were caught between 40’- 60’ of water. Jim is also friends with STGUY ( Glen) who was giving us intel from afar. Great time had by all!

joefishmore

Re: Sebago charter
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2020, 07:41 AM »
Great, were you on the shoals ?

stguy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2020, 08:15 AM »
We saw you guys hook up with one of the salmon, wish we had been closer to get it on video, it looked like it was a good one.

That's the same place we got that 19 incher I posted on FB.

We got 8 lakers and 5 salmon then the young fellow I had onboard wanted to go after a big boy.

Be careful when you start spending money on luxury fishing stuff, once you start it becomes a disease.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2020, 08:25 AM »
Nice fish, Wayne.  I like the dark togue.  I found the same thing about fishing off the shore in the Great Lakes.  In big water, the cold water and trout/salmon can be closer and shallower than we'd think 8)

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2020, 08:46 AM »
Great, were you on the shoals ?

It was in the area of the camel pasture and the end of Frye island. We started there and got bites right away. We moved once to 100 ft and got nothing. We went back there 1-1/2 hours later and hooked up again .

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2020, 08:51 AM »
We saw you guys hook up with one of the salmon, wish we had been closer to get it on video, it looked like it was a good one.

That's the same place we got that 19 incher I posted on FB.

Glen, It looked to be 20” and fat . As soon as it started thrashing around I figured it as going to come off 🤦‍♂️.

I saw the native you posted on FB. Nice!

I hope your engine is ok? I heard you talking to Jim about it.
We got 8 lakers and 5 salmon then the young fellow I had onboard wanted to go after a big boy.

Be careful when you start spending money on luxury fishing stuff, once you start it becomes a disease.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.