FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: no zone no bite  (Read 381 times)

fishogger

no zone no bite
« on: Aug 26, 2020, 09:32 AM »
had to be in the zone.  had day off today so I hit the trout again.  they weren't as spread out as last time up there.  you had to be in the 20ft zone or you weren't getting bit.  higher and the gills were on it.  I seen a few fish in the 30ftzone but never got bit that far down.  the screen was blocked out after a couple hours of the light.  crappie  were swarming under it.  unfortunately they are soft this time of year, and these weren't trophy size by any means. lol  gills were round the light too but seemed the runts were up high.  if I jigged down 15ft (just under all the clutter) I got fewer bites but nice ones.  the biggest went 10 1/4 the rest were 7 1/2 up. the trout were all in the 14-16" range as expected.  too bad they don't hold over and bulk up more in this lake.  I haven't seen any holdovers this year. out of a couple doz. trips so far. no bullheads last night either for some reason. I want to go there some night and chum them suckers up.  love bullhead fillets and they are huge in this lake.

the grandpa gill next to a 15" trout

some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

RoeBoat

Re: no zone no bite
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2020, 09:08 PM »
Nice ones!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.