FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: so disappointed in authorities  (Read 996 times)

PIKEBAIT

Re: so disappointed in authorities
« Reply #15 on: Sep 16, 2020, 06:46 AM »
 :D Hey!  I trolled southern Champlain for the first time last May. 
Shocked to negotiate the number of boats with otter boards out 100 feet on each side.  A 200 ft.  Swath for each boat makes me unhappy.   I did fine with riggers and flat lines. 
Dick

seamonkey84

Re: so disappointed in authorities
« Reply #16 on: Sep 16, 2020, 08:44 AM »
So it’s an organized event that they knew about ahead of time? Though There’s definitely a safety issue there with what they’re doing, they should have an officer on sight for such things. If they didn’t want it going on, they wouldn’t issue the permit (I’d assume something like this would need one). Or they would close the area off, They’d have to go out and make a defined lane, and close the area off to the public during the event.
So if you know the event is goin on, stay out of their way or go to another lake. They should make it clear where the race is going on, and people should stay clear of those lanes. Same if I know there’s a tournament happening on the lake I want to fish, or when the locals have a boat party on the lake they live on.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.