FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just Moved back to Western NY - Best spots for fall fishing (Especially Walleye)  (Read 1134 times)

GenesCamp

• Nature's Fishbowl
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a long while.  I just moved back to Western NY after 16 years of being down in the DMV (Washington D.C.) area.  I still do most of my fishing up in Northern NY (Muskellunge Lake), but will be living in Hornell, NY (Southern Tier / Finger Lakes Region). 

I finally bought a real boat back in November 2019 - 2018 1875 Lund Pro Guide.  I'm looking for some good spots to fish closer to home.  Can anyone tell me some good bodies of water to hit around me?  I'd especially love to get into some walleye, but willing to chase anything - bass, pike, panfish, muskie, etc. Not looking for anyone's secret spots, but bodies of water, launch spots, what to use this time of year etc. would all be helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
Lots of options from Hornell.  Silver, Honeoye, and Conesus all have walleye and the rest of the warm water species.  Keuka and Canandaigua for trout and most warm water fish except walleye.  All have state launches, easy access.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

GenesCamp

• Nature's Fishbowl
Thank you for the suggestions!!  I've heard a lot of great things about Honeoye for bass.  Silver I haven't heard about.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.