FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Trolling for Lake Trout and Brook Trout. Bonus Laker Jigging.  (Read 3059 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
What an evening of fishing!!! I traveled North to fish a lake I've never fished before. This lake has a healthy population of both Native Lake Trout, and Brook Trout. No stocking of either in this pond. My primary goals was to catch a Lake Trout while fishing in my Old Town Predator PDL. I caught several of each fish. I lost a big Laker in the 10-15lb range but got a bonus Laker jigging with some homemade gear. This was definitely my best day trolling. Unfortunately, this is likely my last trolling video of the season, as Im moving to river fishing for Trout and Salmon fishing here soon.

If interested, you can check out the footage below.

Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Nice to see the lake trout 8)  My guess is that you'll be back to that lake next season!

PIKE FISHERMAN

Definitely. Im betting the ice out bite is going to be crazy
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

fish wayniac

Josh, Another great outing from your kayak. Nice Native trout. That was cool to stop and jig and then hook up with a fatty. Awesome!

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
Trolling like that looks like a blast.

PIKE FISHERMAN

Josh, Another great outing from your kayak. Nice Native trout. That was cool to stop and jig and then hook up with a fatty. Awesome!
I was pumped when I tied into that one jigging. Was hoping to do more, but the wind wasn’t cooperating!

PIKE FISHERMAN

Trolling like that looks like a blast.
It’s a blast!! I prefer the kayak over my fishing boat!

lowaccord66

I like your videos Josh.  They are so honest and straight forward.  No gratuitous product shots...just good honest fishing.  Keep up the good work! 

zwiggles

I like your videos Josh.  They are so honest and straight forward.  No gratuitous product shots...just good honest fishing.  Keep up the good work!

X2!

PIKE FISHERMAN

Glad your enjoying them! Ive turned down several product deals, and sponsorship requests. I can think of like only 5 companies I would team up with if the opportunity arouse!! I don't want to turn this into a "job."

Smallmouth Squarepants

Glad your enjoying them! Ive turned down several product deals, and sponsorship requests. I can think of like only 5 companies I would team up with if the opportunity arouse!! I don't want to turn this into a "job."
So we aren't going to see you shilling the latest junk that Catchco puts out like most of youtube? :laugh:

lowaccord66

Here's the thing, I'd never judge anyone for doing what they can to support themselves right, but there are not a ton of guys that create content that isn't marketing.  Personally, I "sold out" my fishing skills three times  Once writing for OTW, once doing a year of guiding and commercial fishing for stripers when I was laid off.  There were upsides but overall I was relatively unhappy turning my favorite hobby into a money generating activity.

PIKE FISHERMAN

So we aren't going to see you shilling the latest junk that Catchco puts out like most of youtube? :laugh:

Definitely not. I make my own gear. Rods, Ice rods, Spinnerbaits, jigs, spinners, soft plastics, spoons, ice jigs and a few others. 

PIKE FISHERMAN

Here's the thing, I'd never judge anyone for doing what they can to support themselves right, but there are not a ton of guys that create content that isn't marketing.  Personally, I "sold out" my fishing skills three times  Once writing for OTW, once doing a year of guiding and commercial fishing for stripers when I was laid off.  There were upsides but overall I was relatively unhappy turning my favorite hobby into a money generating activity.
My thoughts exactly. I don't want to have to cater to someone else.

Stickbait

Great video. Would like to have seen the one that got away. But you did manage a nice consolation fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.