FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 446 times)

PEARCHEYES

Wawasee
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 03:26 PM »
Hit wawasee early chasing the perch.They are feeding heavely .Most of them were full of crawfish ,from the ones I kept which was 17.Ranged in size from 8.5 to 12

abishop

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 04:15 PM »
Good job on the gold. It was very windy here so I decided to stay home.

LundProv

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Good going Percheyes... You're making me jealous.  I did get out today in the backyard and caught a large number of crappies using the Garmin Livescope.  I was not cleaning or keeping today so they all made it safe back in with a sore lip...  I am going to start directing my attention to the perch at Max and also at Koontz very soon.  I used to target them at Pine and Stone and would catch numbers but never any size. 

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:15 AM »
you did good for the wind out there!  must have been hard to stay put and see/feel bites. nice job.

you better get to koontz pro.  I was there yesterday and had a sack full of 11-14" perch.  must have had 40 or so when they shut off at dark. fish were in 8-15ft zone. jigging raps dropped in big schools.  the camera batteries were dead so no pics. you'll just have to believe me.  loon has been giving up some nice ones too. a friend said he had 25, in 4 hours,  all over 11".  we have friends that go to Erie all summer and clean hundreds of 8-10"ers and think its just the best thing ever.  :o  Y 

LundProv

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement Indianahooker.   That depth range sounds right.  The last time I dropped a blue/silver jigging rap in Koontz, I was out a bit deeper and could not keep those striped bass off the jigging wrap.  I will probably drag the bottom until I find the perch and then set up for a while. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.