FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Get ready on Resi's  (Read 3457 times)

bigr

Re: Get ready on Resi's
« Reply #30 on: Mar 26, 2021, 09:59 AM »
Over an inch in our area as well. It will slow the bite down a few days but should really turn them on when we get back out after conditions settles.

bherr24

« Reply #31 on: Mar 27, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Took the boy over to the resi last evening..it had muddied up considerably fron the day before. We still caught fish though. Had to fish very tight to cliff walls and was just letting the chop move our jigs for us. Caught several nice black crappies. Toward dark the wind went flat calm and the bite completely shut off. To my surprise it shows online that the river up at marion barely went up at all from that rain.

indianahooker

« Reply #32 on: Mar 29, 2021, 11:34 AM »
what? it was up about 2 feet from few days ago. 

2LMKR2

« Reply #33 on: Mar 30, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Drove down yesterday ( I'm from the Albion area ) to the reenactment area. Water was really muddy, didn't see anyone else fishing . I didn't catch anything and didn't really expect to but it was a beautiful day to be out to explore and enjoy the day.

bherr24

« Reply #34 on: Mar 30, 2021, 09:34 AM »
what? it was up about 2 feet from few days ago.

No it wasnt. Not as of my post which was the morning of march 27th. It did go up after that though.

indianahooker

« Reply #35 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:23 AM »
oh ok guess i didnt look when u posted sorry.  i was looking at the rivers to judge walleye movement.  the rains seem to move them at times.

bubbagill

« Reply #36 on: Apr 01, 2021, 09:44 AM »
Any reports if the crappie have started to push up into the Missy spillway yet?

bigr

« Reply #37 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:05 PM »
If your referring to below the dam yes they are catching crappie now. Shoulder to shoulder fishing but good numbers and size if you can squeeze in.

bubbagill

« Reply #38 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:12 PM »
If your referring to below the dam yes they are catching crappie now. Shoulder to shoulder fishing but good numbers and size if you can squeeze in.
Yes sir, I have been doing well in the river, just looking for a back up plan.  Thank you

techja

« Reply #39 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:34 PM »
Do you need to be close to the actual spillway to catch the crappie? I see people fishing quite a distance from it, may be fishing for other species.

fishogger

« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2021, 04:16 PM »
no techja they are scattered throughout the river.  go explore and toss into any slack water areas.  jig and bobber is all you need.  those out of the way spots can pay big.  a bonus coming soon is morels found while you search.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

bherr24

« Reply #41 on: Apr 01, 2021, 08:26 PM »
It figures the river bite would pick up the week im back at work and busy every night. Hoping to get over there for a few hours tomorrow after i get off and then again sat morning.

bherr24

« Reply #42 on: Apr 03, 2021, 08:42 PM »
Tried below spillway today...entire bank was just loaded with people all the way down in the woods. I found a section maybe 8 yards wide to fish down near the cable box. Got into a pretty good school of big black crappies. Ended up taking home 20 and of those 18 were blacks. Biggest was 13 inches lost an even bigger one right at the bank. Had some foreign guy start casting right in front of me in the hole i was fishing. I kindly told him unless he wanted to go swim with the fishes not to throw over me again. Amazing how inconsiderate a lot of them clowns down there are. Reminded me why i dont fish much there anymore.

fishogger

« Reply #43 on: Apr 03, 2021, 08:48 PM »
sorry to hear your spot a circus.  plenty of people out there that couldnt care less about others these days.  nice catch though :thumbup_smilie:
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

bigr

« Reply #44 on: Apr 05, 2021, 05:32 AM »
I fish a lot but not below the dams. I don't mind fishing with others but that area goes alittle to far for even me. I guess thats the same reason I don't do the Maumee either. I fortunately have plenty of quality places I can choose to catch about any species I want at the right times.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.