FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: BIG TOP CARLISLE BOBBERS  (Read 1038 times)

abishop

Re: BIG TOP CARLISLE BOBBERS
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2021, 09:01 AM »
far as i can tell its made by comal tackle.  i didnt find many like it searching the net.  just have to look for the bulge below the spring stopper.  that holds spring up for slip mode.

as far as the "big top" i use a red straw.  taught to me be an older panfish addict years ago.

just glue it on top.  fits perfectly on tiny ice float pegs too! thats what i was originally shown it on.
That is old school 4 sure. I wonder how it would work if fishing 10 to 15 feet deep. I have others with a extra long neck that always get caught in main line when casting. good and bad with everything I guess.

fishogger

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2021, 06:09 AM »
i dont know.  i have never used it that deep unless rt by the boat at night.  drill the hole bigger.  also it will wear being soft plastic.  maybe insert a chunk of tube/grommet in the hole.

yea, i knowwhat you mean.  the straw gets hung on line in wind.(more so with braid)  sometimes enough you cant pop it loose. if weight is close, or you weight the float, it dont so much.  it always happens on a hot bite.  you know, when you want that fast return cast.  friggin murphy. lol
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

Piggyn

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2021, 10:31 AM »
With pieces of the right sized rubber tubing, you could attach a fixed position bobber without using the spring clips, similar to how these are intended to work.

These are an interesting bobber design... although too large for bluegill.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

fishogger

« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2021, 08:12 AM »
 i never seen those before.  wonder how they sold for them.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

fishinator

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2021, 11:13 AM »
With pieces of the right sized rubber tubing, you could attach a fixed position bobber without using the spring clips, similar to how these are intended to work.

These are an interesting bobber design... although too large for bluegill.
Those are interesting.  They have smaller sizes. I think they have their bead and stop knot in the wrong place though.

filetandrelease

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31, 2021, 12:02 PM »
Those are interesting.  They have smaller sizes. I think they have their bead and stop knot in the wrong place though.

X2

abishop

« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2021, 12:26 PM »
X2
Seen them and was interested, but, once again, with the way that is rigged I would imagine that the main line would tangle with the top of the bobber. Just my 2 cents.

filetandrelease

« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2021, 02:42 PM »
Seen them and was interested, but, once again, with the way that is rigged I would imagine that the main line would tangle with the top of the bobber. Just my 2 cents.
Then the stop on the bottom is useless as I canít figure how it works , the way itís rigged is nothing more than a drop shot rig
 Wish they sold them locally Iíd give them a shot

abishop

« Reply #23 on: Apr 01, 2021, 08:09 AM »
Just got a e-mail from bh tackle in Minnesota saying they had to cancel my order due to no stock. Guess I am still on the hunt......

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:31 PM »
FOUND SOME. The Walleye tackle store. Had to buy a box of 24. I will put them to good use.

filetandrelease

« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 2021, 01:57 PM »

Let us know what you think

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.