FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: wind and mud  (Read 311 times)

fishogger

wind and mud
« on: Mar 31, 2021, 04:12 PM »
had a window of opportunity today mid day.  couldnt pass it up even with the conditions.  most of the crappy seemed to have moved out of the creek.  hit a couple other bank spots and found crappie.  didnt find the hogs or the numbers but made it worth the effort.  naturally the 50mph wind was in my face where the fish were.  made me wonder what i could of caught if i could have reached out farther.  i managed 8 big enough to keep.  filleted them and took them to an elderly lady i know.  she said she mite be baking some pies later in the week. ;) lol

nothing pic worthy today.  i did catch another stripe nose though!  they must have had a couple good spawns the last few years.  getting to be a lot of them in there anymore.

sorry bout the tiny flip phone pic.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

bigr

Re: wind and mud
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2021, 05:17 AM »
We've probable discussed this before but the strip nose to my understanding is a sterile crappie. They don't spawn strip nose or even spawn at all. I've also heard that they are a separate crappie all together stocked by the state at one time somewhere and are reproducing. Can't imagine any state stocking a new breed of crappie with black and white being so numerous. 

fishogger

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2021, 07:06 AM »
that's what i read about them too.  they cant all be sterile though.  i see small ones and big ones.  i think 13" is the biggest I've caught.  so, they don't grow as big as the normal ones do, in this water.(or i havent layed hands on one at least)  i started catching them years ago.  just one every couple years.  now it is a couple a year it seems.  i haven't heard other say anything about it at the ramp either. and i'm sure not going to bring it up on the internet. lol

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2021, 07:40 AM »
We catch a few out of resi's also and they seemed to first show up maybe 10 12 yrs ago. Biggest I've caught is around 13 also.

fishogger

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2021, 04:32 PM »
first I've heard of any at other places around here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.