FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Still No Success on Local Streams, but Fun at Fish Pond  (Read 677 times)

bogtrotter

Although I've done OK in Pittsfield and Dalton over the last three months (landing one trout each in  March, April and May out of two branches of the Housatonic), I continue to get blanked on my local streams (the three branches of the Hoosic) in northern Berkshire County.

I blame the unseasonably cool and damp weather we have been having. 

Today was representative (partly sunny and 55 degrees) of that trend, although I must admit the stream levels were pretty good.

This afternoon, the North Hoosic in North Adams was the setting for my latest skunking.

My "fall back" for the past several weeks has been Fish Pond (a/k/a Windsor Pond) in North Adams.

Fortunately, it came through for me again  - - and I had an enjoyable time tusseling with several fish there.

My final haul - - two dozen good-sized sun fish, a half dozen decent rock bass and one golden pond shiner.

lowaccord66

Re: Still No Success on Local Streams, but Fun at Fish Pond
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 08:11 PM »
By my measure which is only a few times fishing with you up there, the end of this month should be productive.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 09:00 PM »
By my measure which is only a few times fishing with you up there, the end of this month should be productive.

From your lips to God's ears!

I'll PM you once I think the stream fishing hereabouts has started to improve.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 03:39 AM »
Sounds good Jim.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.