FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Conway lake  (Read 3556 times)

bikrsrule

Conway lake
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:01 AM »
Not looking for secret spots just would like to know about the launch access and available parking at conway lake...too many lakes have very limited access and very little parking and its a long drive to find that out..

swnoel

Re: Conway lake
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 05:33 AM »
Not looking for secret spots just would like to know about the launch access and available parking at conway lake...too many lakes have very limited access and very little parking and its a long drive to find that out..

It's amazing NH has such poor access to it's lakes. I've started fishing Winni and never realized how difficult and limited it is to get access for trailered boats. I found this about Conway Lake... it doesn't appear it's any better. Good luck.
https://www.conwaylake.org/boat-launch

AquaAssassin

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:13 AM »
It’s sad, silver lake is going the same route
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 07:28 AM »
I found this about Conway Lake... it doesn't appear it's any better. Good luck.
https://www.conwaylake.org/boat-launch

Ironic that this web page, which explains new and drastic restrictions for non- (Conway) resident boaters, includes a link to the "Help Keep New Hampshire A Boating Paradise" document. 
Anyone who thinks New Hampshire is a "boating paradise" has a few screws loose.  The restrictions on trailered boat access in this state are beyond shameful.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Johnnh

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 07:55 AM »
Its all about $$$
Once again the money is trying to privatize another lake. There is a token of sorts in that document that says trailer parking is allowed on the road. How long do you think that will last? The Conway pd will have to bring that to an end for public safety reasons.

NHFG is doing a dreadful job on access. Why do they continue stocking trout and salon in lakes with limited or no access.

We can all make a list of lakes we can't access and it keeps growing. Look at Winni. That launch in alton is a joke with only 30 parking spots.

Isn't it time to take our lakes back?  If we organize all of the anglers in the state and demand change we can make a difference. All lakes greater than 10 acres (unless the waters are within the property owners boundry) belong to the people of the state of NH and not the wealthy and lakes associations.

End of rant
John

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 07:56 AM »
So us non residents just should park on the ramp since we can’t park across the street?

Digs

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 08:20 AM »
So us non residents just should park on the ramp since we can’t park across the street?
There are a bunch of spots along the road to park. Not nearly enough though. I've think I read in the paper here you can park at the school just up the road also.

Digs

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 08:22 AM »
It’s sad, silver lake is going the same route
You have to get a hundred dollar sticker from the town office to launch there now but you still can't park in the parking lot you have to park on the road.

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 08:31 AM »
You have to get a hundred dollar sticker from the town office to launch there now but you still can't park in the parking lot you have to park on the road.

Hundred bucks, Digs?  That's crazy.  I thought BIP was bad at $25.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Well, it looks like you better get your fishing in on Conway Lake before Memorial Day.

It's criminal to privatize these lakes, but that is exactly what they are doing.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 09:52 AM »

Yeup sucks! I think I read in the document I can’t even get a sticker because I live in Maine

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Hundred bucks, Digs?  That's crazy.  I thought BIP was bad at $25.

If I read it right it is to allow you to park anywhere in town etc. woohoo!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 09:59 AM »

Oh now that makes it worth every penny!! There is so much to do in that town :o

Digs

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Except for the boat ramp.....

jibbs

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 02:55 PM »
Plenty of parking next to the lot..about 4 or 5 spots ..you can also find spots up the road ..a couple of pull offs ..fished a tourney there two weeks ago ..pretty good bite ..in a few years bsss tourneys will be obsolete ..we are really the ones messing it up because there are too many clubs ..we tend to cause a mess at the ramp snd steal spots ..it’s too bad because most clubs are courteous but when you see a bunch of boats sitting around the launch it’s not a good look
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.