FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finally getting to fish  (Read 1031 times)

John M

Finally getting to fish
« on: May 11, 2021, 04:44 PM »
Finally getting chance to fish and would appreciate any updated information about launches at different bodies of water in Region 8. Bodies of water that are known for panfish, crappies, walleyes specifically for the next month.
Thanks

bbfrogger

Re: Finally getting to fish
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:48 PM »
You might have more luck with responses if you were a little more specific - its a big region with a lot of water.....

claymore6

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 05:56 PM »
Bass Pro and lots of others have a good reference guide:

https://scmaps.com/western-new-york-fishing-map-guide/

John M

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 02:27 AM »
BB thanks, I’m aware of the size of the region.  And willing to travel to any body of water in the region.  It’s just that with limited fishing time, I don’t want to travel a distance to a particular body of water and find the launch closed or launching difficult. Just looking for feed back from a number of individuals that have fished different bodies of water and a report of launches.

John M

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 03:19 AM »
Clay,
    Thanks I place a great value on the sportsman Connection, have the 2004 edition of WNY fishing map guide.  And what I believe was it’s predecessor in this format a 1985 edition of the Sanders Fishing Guide and service guide WNY edition. 
     The fact that I still retain both books,  one 36 years old and the other 17 years should demonstrate the value I place on these books. A couple additional maps you might want to acquire are Hot spot maps these are contour maps and have local fisherman recommendations to locations and different recommendations to presentations.
      Another  excellent source of contour maps are U.S. Department of Commerce,  national Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration,  national Ocean Survey.  These are excellent contour maps of any body of water that has a water connection to the oceans in the state.  Example: Great Lakes and all bays on the Great Lakes, Saint Lawrence seaway, any body of water connected to the barge canal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.