FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fished with another member last night  (Read 1260 times)

fishogger

fished with another member last night
« on: Jun 16, 2021, 11:41 AM »
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!  oh my god what a nightmare.  he was drunk when i met him at the ramp.  fell on his rods and broke one as soon as he stepped in the boat.  constant blab of incoherent topics all over the board.  he spilled beer all over himself and my boat.  smells like a keg blew up in my boat this morning.  we did catch fish amongst the continuous banging and clanging he was doing.  he stand up and rock the boat then sit down and be ok.  then he would be up again walking back to look at the finder.  shuffling threw his tackle asking if this would work or thats any good. i couldnt get our limit fast enough to get him out of my boat.  when we get back to the ramp, his "ol lady" was there.  he is getting out of the boat and she clobbers him and knocks him into the water.  she is yelling and raising kane and its midnight!  lights come on by the ramp and some home owner lady starts yelling back n forth with her.  all kinds of cuss words flying.  i helped him get up on the bank after she walked to the house to continue her fight with a more lively opponent. lol  as i was putting my boat on the trailer another local came out of the house yelling.  it was starting to be a block party.  i put his stuff by his car(he was still setting by the dock on the ground) and i got the hell outa there before Barny showed up. lol

so much for the entertaining story but none of it is true. lmao  it was an enjoyable night of fishing with a real serious fisherman.  no complaints at all dinkgetter.  i bet i had you going for a bit there Mark.  ;D

i set out to put him on a night trout/gill bite.  it turned out to be a crappie/trout bite.  no complaints about that either.  had a great time and scored a box of fillets for us both.  we were the only boat out there and wind was next to nothing after dark.  we jigged glow jigs and glow plastics.  he was tippin with meats some.  towards the end of the night he broke out the schoolie ice fishing gill rig.  i got to watch him battle a couple trout on 2# test and schoolie rod.  about as much fun as watching the kids. lol  he is lucky we didnt have 2 anchor lines down ill tell ya that.  couple crappie were in the 12-13" range and the biggest trout that i cleaned was 14-1/2".  great fun with a super nice guy and steady action from the get go.  we left them still biting at like 1:30am ;D

and i got to make my favorite breakfast for lunch.  pan fried trout fillets and eggs. :P  browned hard crispy on the bottom side for that salmon patty taste and crunch.  5 star grub im tllin ya.

some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

fishogger

Re: fished with another member last night
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2021, 11:44 AM »
the trout looks funny because it was already scaled with the jet nozzle on  the garden hose.  makes fast clean work of that task!

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2021, 02:09 PM »
I need to do the night trout bite again .I haven’t done that in years.Just curious what lake.Oliver,Olin ,round just to name a few .

fishogger

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2021, 03:18 PM »
all the above and add gage sand and martin to the list.  any one thats stocked fishes the same. imo  the higher the stock numbers obviously the higher the catch rate.  if you fish oliver chain you cant keep them off your hook.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2021, 07:38 PM »
all the above and add gage sand and martin to the list.  any one thats stocked fishes the same. imo  the higher the stock numbers obviously the higher the catch rate.  if you fish oliver chain you cant keep them off your hook.

So they're still managing the Oliver Lake Chain for put and take then.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

RoeBoat

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2021, 11:00 PM »
You had me going with that story!  Glad you made it out with Mark.  We had a couple good evenings out on Blue this winter.  Glad you got a good mess!

fishogger

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2021, 03:55 AM »
supposedly they put 8500 in oliver and 1500 in martin Cecil. ? you hear of an axe swing?

roeboat, i was laughing while typing it up believe me.(contrast in caricature's ya know)   meet ups could be dangerous though!  one could run into a crackhead with a hammer for god sakes!!!  ;D 

RoeBoat

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2021, 06:36 AM »
Yeah, ran into that guy a few.  Asked me to go on an out of state trip once.  Most likely would have ended up with one of those stories myself.  Too bad people get so lost or completely fall out of the boat like that one.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2021, 10:13 AM »
the trout looks funny because it was already scaled with the jet nozzle on  the garden hose.  makes fast clean work of that task!

Bull! All the trout you catch look funny.  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2021, 09:58 AM »
oh you go ahead and make fun. lol  no easier way to scale a trout believe me. a very stiff scrub brush also very fast. i made a lil vid but i guess i cant drag n drop video in here? 

the silver scale express was on the take last night again!  i figured the storms mite mess up the bite for a day or two. also wanted to cash in before weekend crowds were out watching. ;D  we didnt get near as many crappie as the other night and size mite have been down a bit it seemed.  size could have been the results of the tiny offerings given to them though too.  mark was wacking them and trout on his ice schoolie again and having a ball.  only tangled stuff up a time or two.  not bad for what was hanging around the boat. 

here is my limit prepped for brining.  well accept the two i ended up snacking on for breakfast. :P love that pink meat!

it seems like they stocked bigger ones this year?  lots in the 14-15" range.  if they are hooked in mouth, and you can be gentile with them, the smaller ones can be released.  takes the kids and go cash in on these tasty treats.  they are just going to die and go to waste anyhow.  set the kids up with a slip bobber rig and chunk of worm. 

tater140

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2021, 12:02 PM »
I was out wed night for a quick night fish.  Lost a couple more trying to land them on 2lb ice line. 

I was using small ice jigs,  how big of a bait can you get by with?  I didnt have any bigger or flashy spoons, but thought it may be a good idea for next time

fishogger

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2021, 01:37 PM »
they usually dont require light line or tiny baits.  i use up to 2" plastics and 1/16 heads. trout arent shy about hitting baits most nights.  gill crappie trout perch bullheads.......... all bite baits that big.  save the tiny stuff for hard times, when you have to use it.  unless you just want the challenge i guess.  10# line was the norm at clear lake in the day.  now you can get by with 6#(no big trout left or few) without breaking off. 

old tried n true method is slip float rigs and crawlers.  last several years i been jigging more for the thump of it. ;D  a light and one jig rod is really all you need to get your limit before midnight.  well, most nights that is.  you know how it goes.

fishogger

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2021, 02:30 PM »
the scaling vid.

its way faster and easier with two hands. :D

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Jun 18, 2021, 06:20 PM »
So you're powerwashing trout now.   :rotflol:

fishogger

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19, 2021, 06:02 AM »
lol yup @ .50 cent a side.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.