FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: inland trout  (Read 606 times)

fishogger

inland trout
« on: Jul 27, 2021, 09:36 AM »
i switched back to trout last night.  been a week or more with all the rains and stuff.  surface water was cooking at 85*.  looked like sediment or algae bloom in the water.  didnt expect it to be  great but it wasnt even that.  not one trout bite!  we had crawlers minnows jigs trout juice..............  crapy bit but were slow too.  full moon water conditions?  whatever it was it put stuff in a funk.

here is the usual proof pic.

lol

are the trout dead taxi?  have you heard any reports from the testing crew?
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

https://xyz.frankspeech.com/

RoeBoat

Re: inland trout
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2021, 11:30 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pic.  Tells the whole story!  What, no teradactals landing in the boat or drunk guys at the [email protected]$%

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2021, 01:40 PM »
I've never had good luck at night fishing for trout during a full moon. Maybe due to no concentrated light?

Did you mark any suspended trout?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2021, 08:15 PM »
marked fish all way down to 33 ft. and when we dropped to them it was crappie top to bottom.  yea could have been the moon.  i have noticed it harder to draw minnows then.  crappie were sure around the light.  ill give it another try here in week or so. mite have to switch lakes.  what does george put out these days?

yes there mite have been a drunk guy at the ramp that morning. lol  the tridactyl did swoop past for a look too.  buddy said, i hope he dont come back and land on my head. haha

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2021, 10:02 PM »
I've also had poor night fishing for trout right after a cold front. 

Was bragging about how I caught my limit one night on Olin and took a couple of new guys the next time. Cold front came through right before we went out. Temps were fine and nice and calm but to this day those guys believe I was telling a fish story as we couldn't buy a bite. Cloudy muggy nights were always best for me. How about you?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2021, 11:24 AM »
hot stable weather best yes.  90% of the trips end in limits with stockers though. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.