FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Scratched the Itch  (Read 509 times)

bogtrotter

Scratched the Itch
« on: Jul 28, 2021, 06:56 PM »
I was jonesing to get out fishing today, so I went wet wading (t-shirt, swim trunks and sport sandals) on the South Hoosic in Adams for a little over a half hour after dinner this evening.

The weather was ideal (sunny and 70 degrees) but the stream levels were kind of high (although definitely better than the near blow out conditions this past Sunday).

I started across from Mullen Mayflower and hooked a rainbow early on which, after a brief but spirited fight (magnified by the current) slipped the hook.

I kept fishing that run for awhile, trying to find a "channel" where my line would drift slowly enough that the fish might see it,.

Eventually, after working my way slightly downstream, I reacquired the rainbow that had eluded me a few minutes earlier, reeled him in and discovered he was "only" 12" long (versus the 14" that I originally thought I had on the other end of my line).

I walked downstream and fished underneath the Burnett/Bednarz bridge without success before heading even further down to the footbridge along the bike trail.

I didn't do anything below the footbridge, but (on my way back upstream) fished a run just above it and landed another 12" rainbow before calling it a night.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.