FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stillwater for a Change  (Read 732 times)

bogtrotter

Stillwater for a Change
« on: Jul 31, 2021, 02:54 PM »
My younger son and I decided to go fishing today.

The weather was beautiful - - mostly sunny and about 65 degrees.

But given how much rain we've had lately, we decided to give the rivers a rest and try the ponds instead,

We started at Fish Pond, where the fishing proved surprisingly slow.

A little over an hour of effort produced just ten unusually small sunfish between us.  (My last one was about the size of my thumb).

Then we moved on to Cheshire Lake (1st Lake), where about two and a half hours or so yielded 30 (generally good-sized) sunfish, two decent rock bass and one small (11") but feisty large mouth bass before we finally called it a day.

stripernut

Re: Stillwater for a Change
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Always good to get out... Where you still worm fishing or did you throw some Scum Frogs over the acres (if I remember right) of lily pads? Or throw some of those small sunfish back out with a hook in them (I would have to check to see if you can legally do that in MA)?

bogtrotter

Re: Stillwater for a Change
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2021, 01:34 PM »
Always good to get out... Where you still worm fishing or did you throw some Scum Frogs over the acres (if I remember right) of lily pads? Or throw some of those small sunfish back out with a hook in them (I would have to check to see if you can legally do that in MA)?

Nah, I stuck to night crawler segments, although my son (focused on bass) did try a surface lure of some sort at some point.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.