FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wet Wading After Work  (Read 892 times)

bogtrotter

Wet Wading After Work
« on: Aug 03, 2021, 07:26 PM »
I went wet wading (swim trunks, sport sandals, t-shirt) for an hour on the South Hoosic in Adams this evening.

Partly sunny, 70 degrees, near ideal stream conditions.

I started across from Mullen Mayflower, where I caught a 12" rainbow,

My spot under the Burnett Bednarz Bridge was occupied by a teenager and his girlfriend fishing (and possibly canoodling), so I proceeded to the footbridge below it, where I landed a 15" rainbow a little above the footbridge and a 10" brown a little below it.

Then I headed downstream past the Old Stone Mill to where Dry Brook empties into the river, where I reeled in a 7" dace (which is a bit of an oddity for that stretch of the river) and on to the small roll dam a little upstream from Elm Rock, where I caught a 17" rainbow just above the roll dam.

At Elm Rock itself, I beached a 14" rainbow, and then walked a bit further down to the small waterfall, beneath which I caught one last 17" rainbow for the evening.,

zwiggles

Re: Wet Wading After Work
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2021, 09:02 PM »
That sounds like a great after work session! How did the rainbows fight?

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2021, 10:00 PM »
. . . How did the rainbows fight?

Really well - - but it helped that I was able to "beach" most of them, rather than have to  haul them up a steep bank or  reel them in and unhook them while standing in the stream.

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Nice work Jim. 17” rainbow is very respectable.

I got what might have been my fattest rainbow of the year on the west branch last Sunday. doubt it hit 17” but fought very well.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2021, 03:38 PM »
Nice work Jim. 17” rainbow is very respectable.
I got what might have been my fattest rainbow of the year on the west branch last Sunday. doubt it hit 17” but fought very well.

Looks like a beauty.

This cool rainy summer certainly appears to be helping the trout holdover better than in some past years.

Hopefully, it will bode well for the fishing this fall - - particularly out my way, where the local streams do not get a fall stocking.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.