FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Winter stoirage  (Read 1555 times)

MILLERMANKT

Winter stoirage
« on: Dec 02, 2021, 10:50 PM »
When getting your boat ready for winter storage , do you guys remove your batteries or just leave them in and plug in your boat providing you have an onboard charger ?

gotagetm

Re: Winter stoirage
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2021, 03:33 AM »
i just plug mine in cause i guess its "never"in storage and n board charger has maintain moade it goes to .just what i do

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2021, 04:50 AM »
LA - top them off and remove the negative terminal leads.
LiFePo4 - reduce to 50-60% SOC and disconnect negative terminal leads.

reeleyz

« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2021, 05:59 AM »
I asked a person at battery world about pulling batteries out and he said there is no need to pull them. Just make sure they get charged occasionally. I try to charge all of mine a couple times a winter.

bbfrogger

« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2021, 12:53 PM »
I take mine out and take them down the cellar...... I "store" my boat on my front lawn though so .....

62 & Done

« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2021, 04:41 PM »
  My boat sits in a (sometimes) warm garage but I always remove the battery for safety's sake. I'll charge it a couple times a winter and leave it on the auto maintainance mode for a few days FYI I remove batteries from everything that I don't use for an extended period of time. That includes from flashlights to plow trucks.  Save yourself the problems.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2021, 06:20 AM »
My boat is stored outside and my batteries are easy to get out.  So they come into the warm basement for the winter..
 I do put long extension wires on my trim running out the cover in case I need to raise it for some reason..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2021, 06:48 AM »
Stratos the stay in and on the charger all season.  Proline I just turn the battery switch off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.