FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody use Google Earth Pro?  (Read 1319 times)

taxid

Anybody use Google Earth Pro?
« on: Jan 22, 2022, 08:56 AM »
I was able to determine the acreage of the following lake using the program. You can do this anymore on earth by clicking on a ruler on the top of the page, then polygon, and then placing dots around the shoreline of a body of water. The following body of water has different acreage depending on the what site you go to, which is ridiculous. I was finally able to nail it down using the free ap.

Not only that but you can get really close anywhere in the world with this program and even get 3D images. You can run but you can't hide!  ;D

This particular lake (or pond as New Englanders call them) is of particular interest as I used to live near it and vacation in the area ever couple of years. It's a glacial kettle origin lake that is basically an exposed aquifer that has a clarity of 26 feet, and at only 28 acres has a maximum dept of 68 feet and average depth of 40 feet. Holds over trout easily. The best part is it's public accessible for a fee when the beach is open with no residences on the lake and only a beach.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Anybody use Google Earth Pro?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2022, 09:02 AM »
I use the google earth app on my iPad all the time. Is Pro an app?
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2022, 09:11 AM »
Never mind…It’s what I have already.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2022, 10:34 AM »
I use pro on my desktop all the time

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2022, 09:01 PM »
Every Day for fishing and work. If you have not used it yet check out the "Historical" images, you get to go back in time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.