FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Off Topic Bear sightings  (Read 2018 times)

Johnnh

Off Topic Bear sightings
« on: Jul 04, 2022, 12:47 PM »
We are now up to 9 Bears in the past 3 weeks.
Around noon today we had a Mom with 4 cubs walk out of our neighbors driveway, walk past my place and slowly walk up the road

Last week a Mom with 2 cubs came within 50 feet of my wife while she was unloading her kayak in our driveway. The sow treed her cubs and layed at the bottom of the tree for about 2 hours until she felt safe and moved into the forest.

A week before that my son had a large male walk out in the road in front of him and he stopped to let the bruiser cross the road. This was less than a mile from my house.

We have a picture of the sow with 2 cubs and a video of the big male. If anyone is interested in adding them, i can email them to you

Its very unusual to see 9 Bears within a short time

John

zwiggles

Re: Off Topic Bear sightings
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2022, 08:37 PM »
Cool beans! We have a bunch of them around us too. Kinda a pita and neat as well.

Dirt23

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Come to Lyme home of Bear man that rehabilitates orphaned cubs or I mean habituated them.  Bears are no longer scared of humans here and will molest any livestock you got in your yard. 10 years ago you saw a bear it would tuck tail and run that is no longer the case.  Sorry for rant but come this way for bear season might be lucky enough to get one with pretty orange necklace

mowbizz

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2022, 06:05 AM »
Last few years they have been very active in my area as well…no sows w/cubs this year yet (on cams) central NH West of Winni.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Come to Lyme home of Bear man that rehabilitates orphaned cubs or I mean habituated them.  Bears are no longer scared of humans here and will molest any livestock you got in your yard. 10 years ago you saw a bear it would tuck tail and run that is no longer the case.  Sorry for rant but come this way for bear season might be lucky enough to get one with pretty orange necklace

Spot on. Only going to get worse. Nothing but nuisance here as well, and trapping, baiting, hounds continue to be under fire. There numbers are getting outrageous
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2022, 03:03 PM »
Anyone of you tell me when and where during bear season and ill be there... ;)
Wicked Wec

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2022, 07:44 PM »

Lol, they'll disappear about that time.

Dirt23

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2022, 06:14 AM »
 We just outfitted our chicken coops with some nice razor wire we'll see how the like that, cause the 4 strand electric fence doesn't really deter them even baiting fence.

mowbizz

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2022, 06:57 AM »
They do disappear when baiting starts…obviously, stalking the bait sites…after all, food is what they want. I will be asking my neighbor if I can bait on his land this season. If not, I’ll bait on my own. Gotta start hitting the dunkins for stale donuts…😛
They will still move around at night as evidenced by my ground blind being flattened last year…I had some of those bear smoke sticks in the blind that they came after. My mistake leaving them inside…

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2022, 07:28 AM »
I bolt my trash can shut.  This was a good idea and bad idea.  Good was no more picking up trash.  Bad is the bears make it go missing.  I see two different sow's weekly here in CT one with 1 cub and one with 4.

Johnnh

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2022, 07:47 AM »
I had a locked up metal trash can about 10 years ago. It went missing one day and my neighbor told me he spotted a bear carting it away. A couple of the young boys up the road found it later that year and it was destroyed.
I have since built a fortress to house 2 cans and usualy go to the dump twice a week.
Note: We border 350 acres of covenant land behind the house and a friend owns about 500 acres just up the road. YES we have all sorts of wildlife

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Jul 09, 2022, 06:43 AM »
I had a locked up metal trash can about 10 years ago. It went missing one day and my neighbor told me he spotted a bear carting it away. A couple of the young boys up the road found it later that year and it was destroyed.
I have since built a fortress to house 2 cans and usualy go to the dump twice a week.
Note: We border 350 acres of covenant land behind the house and a friend owns about 500 acres just up the road. YES we have all sorts of wildlife

Sounds like heaven.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.