FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I Get Around  (Read 686 times)

bogtrotter

I Get Around
« on: Jun 04, 2023, 06:07 PM »
I had to hop around a bit, but I managed to cobble together a decent catch today, between 10:30 AM and 4:30 PM.

It was overcast and cool (about 55 degrees) and water levels were about average.

I started with Hudson Brook at the Natural Marble Bridge State Park in North Adams, where, after considerable trial and error, I eventually managed to reel in a couple of small brookies.

Then I fished the North Hoosic from the Park to down below the Eclipse Mill dam, where I landed two good-sized (14" - 15") rainbows.

Next up was Fish Pond (a/k/a Windsor Lake), where I saw a couple smaller birds dive bombing a bald eagle as it wheeled around over the Pond.

There, an hour and a half of effort yielded 15 sunfish and a couple perch.

Finally, to close out the day, I fished a private pond, where I caught four small (10"-11") rainbows, and kept two to give to a buddy of mine.

The one thing I felt bad about was that, while fishing the private pond, I accidentally stepped on a duck's nest (concealed by tall grass in a small depression by the side of the pond) and broke at least one of the eggs as the mama duck scurried off and swam to the other side of the pond,

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: I Get Around
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2023, 08:53 PM »
Great day

Steve H.

Re: I Get Around
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2023, 07:01 AM »
Always impressed with your intrepidness, bogtrotter! 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.