FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hot summer night's  (Read 5865 times)

can_of_worms

Re: Hot summer night's
« Reply #15 on: Aug 04, 2005, 07:52 PM »
We have fished for strippers before, with  what looks look the snap part of a swivel, and has a sleeve that slides freely on the line, sort of like a big Lindy rig. Is that the same as you would use there? I figured that a couple hours before and after each tide is probably the time to go. Do you need a permit for the dunes there or you able to walk to it with your gear. Sorry if this is a bother to you, it is just easier to have an idea before you get to a new place than to spend a day asking and finding what you need. One last thing are there bait shops in the area that you like. Thanks so much for your time.
                                                                     Rob

Fisher50

« Reply #16 on: Aug 04, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Nice fish, Carpcatcher.  One of your pictures show a PVC rack, that looks like a game I made.  I saw one in a campground, and made one for us.  If it's what I think it is, you toss golf balls on a rope, right?  Or am I missing the boat completely, and it's something else?  WHat do you call it?
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

carpcatcher

« Reply #17 on: Aug 05, 2005, 02:12 PM »
No bother can-of- worms, what your explaining doesn't sound good to fish with where we go because it's all rock's about the size of a car hood :flex: Just use a size5/0 bait hook and stick it thru the eel's eye's and throw it out. Sometimes you can use a little weight but not much or you'll be breaking off all the time. As for bait shop's, their everywhere and they will lead you in the right direction. Just head south on rt. 1 below Rehobeth beach and look for all the people fishing ;) Also you got the time about right. Fisher50 that is exactly what the pvc is but I have no idea what it's called. It's a fun game to pass some time though and not as strenuous as horseshoe's.
        Jim
Love 2 fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.