FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This weeks pick??  (Read 77761 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: This weeks pick??
« Reply #255 on: Sep 09, 2006, 08:33 AM »
I don't think we have heard the last of a Yates, R Gordon partnership. Initially it's more beneficial to RG, but in the long run, I think it would be a great marriage. The only problem I really see with it is Robby losing some control, I believe he is a control freak. Robby is a legitimate driver who creates excitement every time he is on the track. He takes me back to Jimmy spencer. Robby really does some bonehead moves, LMAO. That guy will bite the hand that feeds if he thinks it will get him even remotely close to a win. Anyway, back to Martin. Mark will only drive 10-12 races next year. I don't think that is something that Yates wants to do. 2 drivers is something for the Busch ranks. If Yates wants solid sponsorship, they need a solid, fulltime driver. I still believe that Ward Burton is a solid top 20 driver. Shoot, with good equipment and the chase format, he could be a chase sontender, but that is a long shot.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #256 on: Sep 09, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Unless all the reports from last year were wrong, everything was different last year. ??? At the Daytona 500, JR was driving Michaels equiptment for Michaels crew. Michael was driving JR's equiptment for JR's crew. Don't you guys remember the great experiment? ???

that was only for part of the year, and it wasnt equipment change, just crews :tipup:
JR wassnt happy with tony JR, so they made a switch, it wasnt an experimaent, JR got rid of tony JR :tipup:
he realized his head was up his arse without his cousin and they swtched back at the end of the year :tipup:

esox slayer

« Reply #257 on: Sep 09, 2006, 12:41 PM »
that was only for part of the year, and it wasnt equipment change, just crews :tipup:
JR wassnt happy with tony JR, so they made a switch, it wasnt an experimaent, JR got rid of tony JR :tipup:
he realized his head was up his arse without his cousin and they swtched back at the end of the year :tipup:

Arch.,,I remember from last year that all of Mikeys cars went to Jr and Jr's cars went to mikey...and I noticed Mikey performed better with Jr's equipment..one of the announcers at a race made mention of this fact as well, IF I remember correctly.

There's no doubt Jr was getting the better equipment coming out of the shop, it only stands to reason.  I'm not a big Jr fan, but after his "wake up" call last year, he may be settling down and not realizing that everybody else is to blame for his problems on the track.  He's a talented young kid, and I'm sure with a couple more years experience he'll do well, but he'll never be the caliber of his father.
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

archbishop

« Reply #258 on: Sep 09, 2006, 12:55 PM »
i wasnt sure about the cars ??? i thought just crews ??? your most likely right though, im kinda starting to remember that as well :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #259 on: Sep 09, 2006, 05:34 PM »
I am not a huge Jr fan either, but I do have a TON of respect for the guy. Basically, Jr went over to Michaels shop and Michael went over to Jr's shop and they went from there. That obviously didn't work and they went back towards the last third of the year. I have heard that Jr can't stand Teresa, but that is complete rumor and hearsay. I jwould have to think that the debacle from last year wasn't really too much to do with Jr, It's not his company, it's Teresa's. But, that is really just specualtion and heresay. The whole switch thing is fact though.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #260 on: Sep 09, 2006, 05:44 PM »
 ??? JR said he and tony JR couldnt get along and need to be seperated for the better of DEI, it was all JR's doing, they had a press conference about it, and JR even appologized for the screw up after the season, teresa even made him go to tony JR personally and ask if he would come back and work for JR :tipup: that much i know, it was all over the media the whole time, and when you say it didnt work out, what did you mean ??? it was going good for waltrip, didnt work out too well for JR though, i think thats what led to michaels departure for good, he finally had things going positive and JR was going the other way, JR wanted his toys backand got them :tipup:

esox slayer

« Reply #261 on: Sep 09, 2006, 05:56 PM »
??? JR said he and tony JR couldnt get along and need to be seperated for the better of DEI, it was all JR's doing, they had a press conference about it, and JR even appologized for the screw up after the season, teresa even made him go to tony JR personally and ask if he would come back and work for JR :tipup: that much i know, it was all over the media the whole time, and when you say it didnt work out, what did you mean ??? it was going good for waltrip, didnt work out too well for JR though, i think thats what led to michaels departure for good, he finally had things going positive and JR was going the other way, JR wanted his toys backand got them :tipup:

Agreed Arch..Mikey was having a far better year,,and wasn't it last year that Jr punted Mikey when they were the only two cars near each other??  Jr got a very rude awakening last year, deservedly so because in the long term it taught him some humility and how to be a better person and driver.  He was too big on himself in the previous years just because his last name started with an "E"

I think Jr realized how good he had it before and squandered it away with the bickering...and the little bit of humble pie he had to eat by asking Tony if he'd come back will pay off for him in years to come....

archbishop

« Reply #262 on: Sep 09, 2006, 06:07 PM »
exactly my point, when he listens to tony JR, he wins with a great finish, when he wants it his way, his tires blow or he just plain old recks or cant figure out why his car isnt right and cant keep up ???

archbishop

« Reply #263 on: Sep 09, 2006, 09:55 PM »
HOLY SWEET BAJESUS :o man i can finally breath, the richmond curse continues for gordon, but now thats behind and he is in the chase, WHEW :clapping: :clapping:

esox slayer

« Reply #264 on: Sep 09, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Yeah,,and my man Martin is in also...I'm surprised the 24 and 48 camps ran so poorly this evening when the 5 car did so well..maybe he's the only one getting the "A" list cars and the older guys are getting the hand me downs.....more tomorrow as I know Arch will have something to say over this.......Esox

grumpymoe

« Reply #265 on: Sep 09, 2006, 10:23 PM »
glad to see JB in the chase along with Denny, Kasey and Mark.....sat back watching the last 50 laps hoping the 24 would blow up and let a better racer into the chase....(Tony Stewart)....at least he showed alot of class at the end of the race, congratulating the group that made it in....the 24 car is going to take a whuppin' over the next 10 races.......they certainly didnt deserve to make it in running 2 laps down.....Grump ;D

archbishop

« Reply #266 on: Sep 09, 2006, 10:41 PM »
they certainly didnt deserve to make it in running 2 laps down.....Grump ;D

thats the advantage of racing well in the last 25 races :tipup: where does jeff race bad in these last 10 races?
3 wins in NH
3 wins in dover
2 wins in kansas
4 wins in talladega
3 wins at lowes
7 wins at martinsville (including both races last year)
4 wins in atlanta
0 in texas, phoenix, and miami, the only 3 he hasnt won at (but he won at a track he hasnt won at before earlier this year)
and he finished 14th last year at texas, 3rd in phoenix, and 9th in miami, i think its looking good for mr. gordon :tipup:

26 wins combined out of the last 7 of 10 races :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #267 on: Sep 09, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Yeah,,and my man Martin is in also...I'm surprised the 24 and 48 camps ran so poorly this evening when the 5 car did so well..maybe he's the only one getting the "A" list cars and the older guys are getting the hand me downs.....more tomorrow as I know Arch will have something to say over this.......Esox

the 48 just had bad luck tonight, as we all seen, the 25 and 24 were just set up backwards or something :laugh: no biggie, gordon has a curse at richmond the past 4 races, but hes in the chase :tipup:

i am also glad mark got in :clapping:

CNY Farmer

« Reply #268 on: Sep 10, 2006, 03:56 AM »
thats the advantage of racing well in the last 25 races :tipup: where does jeff race bad in these last 10 races?
3 wins in NH
3 wins in dover
2 wins in kansas
4 wins in talladega
3 wins at lowes
7 wins at martinsville (including both races last year)
4 wins in atlanta
0 in texas, phoenix, and miami, the only 3 he hasnt won at (but he won at a track he hasnt won at before earlier this year)
and he finished 14th last year at texas, 3rd in phoenix, and 9th in miami, i think its looking good for mr. gordon :tipup:

26 wins combined out of the last 7 of 10 races :tipup:

He has won at all those tracks but just takes 1 accident to get caught in or something breaks  and WAM down points big time ;)
I'd rather be fishing instead of milking!!!!

Anchorman

« Reply #269 on: Sep 10, 2006, 05:44 AM »
Oh, now Richmond is just a curse for Jeff.. ::)...What next........... How about Jeff s*cks at Richmond???  ;)
Musta been bad calls by his crew chief. Yeah, thats gotta be it..........
Jimmy did what he always does, and thats start the long slide in the post season.
Too bad for Tony. He had a truly bad car.
And Jr had a good excuse as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.