FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ChenBassHead on Tour 2006: Update 5-1: Mixed Bag (Page 4)  (Read 8479 times)

tip-uptwo

Re: ChenBassHead on Tour 2006: Update 4-21: Nice Brookie(page 3)
« Reply #45 on: Apr 30, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Nice brookie Zach!! WTG!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
We (myself, Matt (Pikie), Hood, Beerman, ADK Mike, and a few others) headed out on Thursday morning for a trip into the Adirondack backcountry, in search of brookies and other trout.  What a time we had!!  To get to our destionation, we had to put into one pond, paddle a couple miles, then portage our gear .7 miles to our destination...Then, we had to turn around and go back for our canoes. Let me tell you, it sounds much easier than it really was!! 

Here's a few members of our group getting ready to make the first paddle.

So we get camp setup, and we just HAVE to get on the water.  Matt and I set out and soon enough, we're into fish.  He gets the first one, and a few minutes later I'm into my first fish of the trip.

Here's Matt with his, already on the stringer, and mine in the other hand.

Matt catches another one, so we paddle back to camp to tell everyone that they're hitting good.  We get back out and catch a few more, then decide to explore the rest of the pond.  Only stretch of shoreline is producing ANYTHING...turns out that's where all the fish were!  We went fishless for a while, and all of a sudden we were doubled up.

Matt landed his pretty quickly.

Mine, however, was pulling drag on me repeatedly...I didn't even see it for a while, so I thougth it was a real hog.  Turned out to be nothing particularly special, just a fat, strong fish.

I didn't know whether to give you the looking away shot, or the goofy eye's closed shot...I gave you this one.  Blame it on Matt...  :D ;)

Our first day stringer...

The next day we got out and caught a TON of fish.  However, I didn't take many pictures...the fishing was too good!

Matt got into one of the better brookies of the trip pretty early.

That evening, Matt and Mike got into a few on the fly rods.

Harry and Dom came back from their splake expedition with these awesome splake...the meat was so orange, and equally delicious!

There was a better picture, but I thought this one was pretty funny... :D Harry, PM me and I'll send you the better one.  ;D

It was a great trip, and I can't thank Matt enough for inviting us...I'm just looking forward to it next year!!

-Zach

Hood

HAHA, I knew you would put the goofy one in...its all good man 8)
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

devil-man

Great stuff, guys!
It looks like the gods were smiling on NY this weekend!

Fishingking

Great Brookie outing guys. :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
WOW, looked like a great time, tons of fish, sun and great company.  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Pikeguy

Well, you guys produced as expected! Looks like you had a great trip. ;) Weather must have been perfect!

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Nice fish from the greatest place in the world...The Adirondacks! ;)

pikie

Great time Zach, good pics and thanks for taking them......already looking forward to next spring.  I need more vacation time!!!  Enjoy the free time college gives you!

pikie

Oh yeah, we had 9 total for the trip.  Myself, my father Ray, and my cousin Rob, Neil and his girlfriend Caileigh, you, Harry, Dom and Mike.  I think and really hope I got a picture of the whole crew.  Definilty should next year. 

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
great pics!  looks like an awesome time...always an adventure!! OC
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Kaybe15fishgirl

nice pics guys... looks like a blast!!!   :laugh:

-Kaybe

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Re: ChenBassHead on Tour 2006: Update 5-1: Mixed Bag (Page 4)
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2006, 06:41 PM »
It was such a beautiful day today that I just couldn't stand to be stuck inside.  So I did what any sane person would do...I went fishin!  I started out on "The Point" but couldn't get anything, so I moved farther down the shoreline to another point.  I wasn't really fishing for anything in particular, so throwing small spinners and spoons.  I happened onto a school of perch, so I switched to a small tube jig and caught a half dozen before the school moved out.  All were released.  I decided to continue to target shallow schools of panfish.  Making my way down to an old railroad tressel, I came upon 2 schools of pumpkinseeds. 

On the first cast I caught this dink largemouth...first bass of the season.

A few minutes later, I got this little smallie...first smallie of the season!

The 'seeds weren't too interested in anything, which is definitely unusual for a 'seed.  I then slid a canoe in the water in search of some more pannies, but ended up battling the wind instead.  My roommate came out in the kayak, so we paddled across the lake and hung out for a while.  On the way back in, I decided to cast a small Floating Rapala along the shoreline.

After a few casts I got a good strike and ended up with this little pike...the first of the season!  Glad the roommate was there to get a few pictures! 

It was a great day to be out on the water, and it was nice to get a little mixed bag.

-Zach

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2006, 06:49 PM »
very nice, I love using little tubejigs.  :thumbup_smilie: WTG
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

pondpro

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Nice fishing pictures
Tommy G.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.