FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: DEC Empire Passport  (Read 11455 times)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
DEC Empire Passport
« on: Apr 05, 2006, 06:57 AM »
For those of us that use DEC boat launches and DEC run parks and daytime picnic areas.
Here is a link for getting the Empire Passport.

Empire Passport

And after 6 visits it's payed for, $59 is a small price to pay for a whole years worth of DEC usage of there parks and boat launches.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

kappydick

Re: DEC Empire Passport
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:25 AM »
It really is..we buy two for $100 each year.. Make great gifts!

the Wizard

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:18 AM »
Thats great Camo-fish,   I've bought them in the past because I live close to Letchworth park and like to visit there but never used it on the boat ramps [I had know Idea ].
    Thanks for the heads up on that, maybe now I'll get my moneys worth and then some....         :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

scott/wiz
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2006, 12:36 PM »
I buy mine every year, usually have it paid for in 2 weeks or less.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2006, 01:28 PM »
If your handi-capped you can get it for free!  ;)

OTIS

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2006, 01:39 PM »
I know the state charges to get into parks such as Verona Beach and Chittnango Falls, but where do you need to pay to use a state boat launch?  Is there a list of places that this pass will get you into?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2006, 01:57 PM »
If you're a senior  (55 or older, I believe) you get into state parks free on weekdays. This includes facilities with launch. Found that out at Honeoye last year. Most attendants will let you pay the fee if you don't speak up.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

troutman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Empire passport is nice to have but you can get around it if you get a campsite for a day or week. If you decide to go to another state park to visit or launch your boat you just show them your pass. I don’t get the passport anymore.
Ray

jjf

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:06 PM »
Troutman,
My experiences have been a little different with that. :-\  I suppose it might depend on the type of person your dealing with but I have flashed my camp registration and have been told to enter that I would need to pay day use fee to get into the park :(

devil-man

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:10 PM »
The Empire pass rules! I don't think they realize that they could charge twice as much and a lot of us would still buy one...

troutman

« Reply #10 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:35 PM »
 A passport is a nice thing to have if you only use it on a daily basis and don’t plan to stay there very long. Like I said before I don’t get one any more because every time I go some ware I have my camper and boat with me. I get a campsite for a day or week. The ticket I get I hang on my mirror and its good for any state park in ny for the amount of time I plan to camp. I sign in at Sampson say for 3 days. If I don’t want to fish Seneca I can go over and fish Cayuga Lake at a state ramp were you have to pay, I show them my ticket and they let me in with no charge. If I want to go up to Lake Ontario were they have a state ramp I get in free too. If I go to a private ramp or park then I have to pay.
Ray

devil-man

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Yep- I understand that, Ray.

I think we are coming from the day-use viewpoint.
I use State parks and launches a lot.
At $6 a pop it equalizes quickly.

I only camp in those places a few times a year...

troutman

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Mike the passport is excellent for you. At 6 dollars a crack it will pay for itself.
Ray

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2006, 03:26 AM »
I know the state charges to get into parks such as Verona Beach and Chittnango Falls, but where do you need to pay to use a state boat launch?  Is there a list of places that this pass will get you into?

Delta lake and Krings point on the mighty St. Lawrence are two that come to mind

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2006, 11:41 AM »

Conesus, Silver, Honeyoe, and oak orchard creek state launches charge all summer long on weekends and some weekdays.

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.