FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anybody headin out in GR tomorrow?  (Read 10901 times)

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
Re: anybody headin out in GR tomorrow?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:19 PM »
Congrats on your catch but you 6th ST noobs need to learn....Photoshop the backgrounds out of your pics or something...you really should not be posting pics on that wall. Last Saturday, It was the busiest I've ever seen it since it was built...You really will make the locals happy with constant reports w/ specifics. ::)

haha yeah i noticed that too- thats one of the spots me and the friends fish- i went there today with steelie slayer after work and he hooked into one

GRsteel u been down there a lot?

GRsteel

« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Yeah, I've mostly been fishing out of a boat though, but know alot of guys that mainly fish the walls and shore.

I don't mean to sound too negative with my first post and I understand that it will always be somewhat busy this time of year...Just be mindful of what you post, because it will draw crowds is all I'm saying.

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Yeah, I've mostly been fishing out of a boat though, but know alot of guys that mainly fish the walls and shore.

I don't mean to sound too negative with my first post and I understand that it will always be somewhat busy this time of year...Just be mindful of what you post, because it will draw crowds is all I'm saying.

ooo yeah ive more than likely talked to ya a few times. im down there just bout every day of the steelhead and salmon run.

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Anybody find a clear box full of big split shots, jigs, bobber stops, and hooks?? Left mine on the trash can today there was a bunch of stuff in there, but im guessing i'll have to go shopping again!!  O well, i made someones day.  Yep like sparta said, i hooked 1 fish today in about 1.5 hrs of fishin.  Fish took me down a little bit rollin, im guessin the line got hung up in his gill plates and he busted me off. O well got to fight em for a little bit at least!!! Wish i knew where sight fisher was fishin at!!! ???  ;D  Nice pics, love the fightin pics!! I like to take those types also!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:41 PM »
because it will draw crowds is all I'm saying.

Yep, drew me into a new fishing experience.  I will be down there after work witha friend.  Never fished steelies before and always wanted to.  FF has given me the info and the passion to try it.  I thank the people here for that.  
Otherwise I would br going.

forrest

• GO BLUE!!!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Congrats on your catch but you 6th ST noobs need to learn....Photoshop the backgrounds out of your pics or something...you really should not be posting pics on that wall. Last Saturday, It was the busiest I've ever seen it since it was built...You really will make the locals happy with constant reports w/ specifics. ::)
It's no secret ,I'm a local and I love it let's fish together and have a great time Come on over to GR and check out some of the nicest people and the best fishin around!!

sightfisher

• Secret Weapon: 20/20 Vision
« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Well funny you say that, But I had no trouble catching those fish with a crowd around. As a matter of fact not a problem at all considering  I was working that wall the same as everyone else. Ive seen others recently post pics of the same spot and it didn't make my trip out today any less productive. Maybe you should consider fishing on other days besides weekends. I don't bother steelheading on a weekend for the same reason you mentioned before. Or just stay in the boat. It's not like we have never seen someone holding a nice steely in a pic w/ GR buildings in the background in magazines before. Consider writing their editors and asking them to photoshop a pic of Disneyworld in the background. Or better yet drive out to Lowell and show me how to work my photoshop program. I'm sorry for ruining your future fishing trips down there but it was my first time out his year and I was a bit stoked and thought I would share some great pics...  BTW    I'm not a Noob.
Give me that fly back.

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Well funny you say that, But I had no trouble catching those fish with a crowd around. As a matter of fact not a problem at all considering  I was working that wall the same as everyone else. Ive seen others recently post pics of the same spot and it didn't make my trip out today any less productive. Maybe you should consider fishing on other days besides weekends. I don't bother steelheading on a weekend for the same reason you mentioned before. Or just stay in the boat. It's not like we have never seen someone holding a nice steely in a pic w/ GR buildings in the background in magazines before. Consider writing their editors and asking them to photoshop a pic of Disneyworld in the background. Or better yet drive out to Lowell and show me how to work my photoshop program. I'm sorry for ruining your future fishing trips down there but it was my first time out his year and I was a bit stoked and thought I would share some great pics...  BTW    I'm not a Noob.
Well Said.

DR.SPECKLER

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:10 PM »
they are only fish 6th street boys its elbow to elbow at the allegan dam too

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Well funny you say that, But I had no trouble catching those fish with a crowd around. As a matter of fact not a problem at all considering  I was working that wall the same as everyone else. Ive seen others recently post pics of the same spot and it didn't make my trip out today any less productive. Maybe you should consider fishing on other days besides weekends. I don't bother steelheading on a weekend for the same reason you mentioned before. Or just stay in the boat. It's not like we have never seen someone holding a nice steely in a pic w/ GR buildings in the background in magazines before. Consider writing their editors and asking them to photoshop a pic of Disneyworld in the background. Or better yet drive out to Lowell and show me how to work my photoshop program. I'm sorry for ruining your future fishing trips down there but it was my first time out his year and I was a bit stoked and thought I would share some great pics...  BTW    I'm not a Noob.

dang there was some pepper behind that one!
what time were u slammin em sight? i went there just before work to see how ppl were doing and the guys i talked to said that when the first got there ppl were hammerin em(u were probly the one he was talkin bout) i talked to the 2 guys wearin camo

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:13 PM »
Mud, just be sure to take turns casting with the guys around ya, nothin pisses anybody off more than a guy just casting without regards to the others around him,  the guy farthers downsteam in the group you're fishing with goes first, so on so forth.
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

DR.SPECKLER

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Mud, just be sure to take turns casting with the guys around ya, nothin pisses anybody off more than a guy just casting without regards to the others around him,  the guy farthers downsteam in the group you're fishing with goes first, so on so forth.
thats how we do it at allegan and hamilton dams

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:18 PM »
TKS!  It's won't be my fist time shoulder to shoulder fishing.  Just was fishing carp tournets before.

sightfisher

« Reply #28 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:18 PM »
dang there was some pepper behind that one!
what time were u slammin em sight? i went there just before work to see how ppl were doing and the guys i talked to said that when the first got there ppl were hammerin em(u were probly the one he was talkin bout) i talked to the 2 guys wearin camo
Got down there at 745. I think I saw you talking to a my buddy's freind. Were you wearing dark blue maintenence or mechanics uniform? Possibly City of GR uniform?..........................Jay
Give me that fly back.

sightfisher

« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Wow, you caught 3. Thats a slow day of fishing for me...

I just tried to suggest to be a little less specific in your postings..never said you were ruining my fishing. I know that I've heard alot of people complain about this spring being much busier than normal downtown. I'm not saying the reports on this site are the cause of it, but I know it doesn't help.  Have fun fighting the crowds for your 5 hookups. ::)
I'm glad I was only there for 1 1/2 hrs. Your right a pretty slow day.
Give me that fly back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.