FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anybody headin out in GR tomorrow?  (Read 10902 times)

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
anybody headin out in GR tomorrow?
« on: Mar 25, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Checked the weather and it looks like tomorrow might be the best day to get out.. I am leaving for Virginia for a week and wanted to get out before I left.  Hopefully the Rogue has picked up a little..

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
Re: anybody headin out in GR tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Checked the weather and it looks like tomorrow might be the best day to get out.. I am leaving for Virginia for a week and wanted to get out before I left.  Hopefully the Rogue has picked up a little..

ill probly head out to sixth street after work i dunno yet... if u do end up going out for steelies 6th street would probly be ur best bet

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2008, 06:39 PM »
ill probly head out to sixth street after work i dunno yet... if u do end up going out for steelies 6th street would probly be ur best bet

I have actually never fished 6th st. have heard all kinds of remarks about some of the attitude down there but would love to go.. I have seen it is pretty crowded but might give it a whirl.. Are you just fishin from shore... I really want to bust out my new Hodgson's but have a feeling that is not going to happen if I head down there

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2008, 06:42 PM »
yup fishing from shore- attitude actually isnt too bad. just dont fish in the other guys back pocket and ull be fine. ill send u a p.m. for specifics

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2008, 06:58 PM »
yup fishing from shore- attitude actually isnt too bad. just dont fish in the other guys back pocket and ull be fine. ill send u a p.m. for specifics
I have never fish for stealhead before and was thinking of going over to 6th street after work on thursday.  I don't know what to bring for lures or bait.  I don't have spawn.  Does store bought work?

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:33 PM »
I have never fish for stealhead before and was thinking of going over to 6th street after work on thursday.  I don't know what to bring for lures or bait.  I don't have spawn.  Does store bought work?

Store bought works. and wax worms can work run a leader with a 1/32 weight jig and slip bobber. 6lb fluorocarbon lead, and tag your swivel ends with your split shot

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:36 PM »
6th st aint so bad as ppl make it with others being jerks.  Just dont be a dick and no1 will be a dick to ya!  Ya get to know the ppl down there if yer fishin the same spot.  I net lotsa ppl's fish for em so i get along with everyone down there pretty well.  Except sparta, he pisses me of!!   ;D
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:37 PM »
6th st aint so bad as ppl make it with others being jerks.  Just dont be a dick and no1 will be a dick to ya!  Ya get to know the ppl down there if yer fishin the same spot.  I net lotsa ppl's fish for em so i get along with everyone down there pretty well.  Except sparta, he pisses me of!!   ;D

the one and only!

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:39 PM »

Hear that Sparta.... he is callin you out :o    GET THE NET!!! I'm gonna practice sayin that tonite so I can belt it out tomorrow!!!! I'm jones'n for a steelie on the line!

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Probably be there thursday night.  I'll be the guy that looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.  I'll have to get new line for the scooby rod though I think....lol

herefishyfishyfishy

• A.K.A. Ice Diva
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Probably be there thursday night.  I'll be the guy that looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.  I'll have to get new line for the scooby rod though I think....lol

I run a 8lb main line with my Barbie pole those are THE BEST!! lol ;D

sightfisher

• Secret Weapon: 20/20 Vision
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2008, 08:38 PM »
I'll be there tomorrow morning w/ some dudes from work. Bobber fishing, good luck.
Give me that fly back.

WMUAngler

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2008, 08:29 AM »
I think I might swing by just to watch after work on Thursday.  The only time I've ever caught a steelie was on the big lake, and I don't want to piss anyone off before I know what I'm doing.

mbrooks

• Chasing Steel with a screaming reel
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Nice work Sightfisher. I wish I had that much success on the Manistee. Still mighty slow. Need to brighten your pics up a bit so I can drool over all that chrome.

WMUAngler

« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Nice work! 
The last picture is a little creepy though.  You can see the building through your head, like you're a ghost. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.