FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Okay guys, don't kill me but...  (Read 19098 times)

archbishop

Re: Okay guys, don't kill me but...
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2005, 12:25 PM »
did i say smart or smart arse ;)

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2005, 01:33 PM »
 ;D Probably both...
Sorry Arch, just found this one and HAD  to use it. :P Not reflecting my personal opinion or anything, just couldn't resist, you understand. ;D

archbishop

« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2005, 01:36 PM »
lol i think everything is funny im very easy going

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2005, 01:46 PM »
I know... you got some nice gills there, I just saw the pics, impressive. What streams are you hitting this weekend?

archbishop

« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2005, 01:48 PM »
not sure yet probably cattaraugus creek, ishua creek, five mile creek, and mansfield creek do some jumping aroud to where its not too crowded how bout you?

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Small streams, the Basic, the Hannacroix,the waterworks, all within 5 miles of me, and then the Catskill when it gets to about May 1st. Been putting in 4 hours of scouting on the Basic every day for the last 3 days. ::) so far, I've found:3 wood ducks, 4 baseballs, 30 beautiful pools, 4 full sized trees in the water, 1 tire that I am thinking about taking out, and old snowmobile bridge that collapsed in the water, and only two trout, one about 16", the other, only 9" or so...might be a little cold and sluggish early on, but by the end of April, I should be doing really well.

archbishop

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:17 PM »
ive been doing a little scouting but ive been fishing the same stretch for 13 years but trees fall and people throw junk in like tires so i gotta keep on my toes plus i check out new spots along the way and gets me outdoors

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2005, 02:29 PM »
and gets me outdoors
That's what its really all about.

MXFishin

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Gunner1, I used top have that same exact opinion as you, "Whats the big deal, smaller fish, no different than any other fish", then I tried fishing for them in a creek a few miles from my house. It didn't take long to become addicted to chasing another kind of fish. Yeah there not as big as a bass or pike but when using 2-4 pound test on ultra light equipment they put up a fight.  Besides for me living near a creek or two that trout fishing is open year round on I can always break out the spinning equipment and have a solid chance of catching fish close to home. Thats a major plus for me because I just started ice fishing and I suck...well maybe not that bad but I'd rather fish open water any time.  Any way my point is get your lightest equipment out and give it a try some time.
 As for people getting up in arms when anything happening around trout waters, I think there are just more trout fishermen involved in and aware of what happens to there fishing waters.

archbishop

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:50 PM »
WHAT where are you fishing that the bass are bigger than the trout heck even most of the trout would give the pike a run for their money in size

MXFishin

« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2005, 10:03 PM »
I am talking about brookies and small browns in creeks not big river fishing such as the genny, or the oak. I haven't made a trip to one of those rivers in the spring, I usally try them in the fall but the crowds suck and I only go a few times a season. I'd rather fish where there no one in sight, or a least just a few where you can have you own space. I agree your right most trout in the bigger rivers would out size a bass, but a pike... tough call depends on where you fish.

archbishop

« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:21 AM »
im not talking about big river trout either im talking about trout out of streams and creeks and i know pike get bigger than trout i just said trout would give most of them a run for their money ive seen pike close to 50" and trout around 40" majority of pike i catch are around 20"-30" same as the trout i catch
not arguing but I dont think a bass can ever compare to a trout

this is a 22" brown and a 24" pike from the ice i know its not from a stream

MXFishin

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Archbishop, I am not arguing either, but I guess I would have to ask you where you are fishing for trout like that, because I want to go!! I realize that that fish is from a lake like you said. In my fishing experiences I usually catch bass that would out size the trout I catch on a regular basis. I know there are big trout out there but they are fewer and farther between than big bass, or maybe I am fishing in the wrong spot?
Anyway here's a few pics from a couple of weeks ago, Me and a Friend took a few home for our once a year trout meal. Side note we released one that was about 2-3 inches long than the big at the bottom. The biggest one in the pics is roughly 17 inches.

MXFishin

« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:23 AM »
well the pic didn't work, how do I post a picture?

archbishop

« Reply #29 on: Mar 29, 2005, 11:33 AM »
well im in western ny we have some great trout streams here the lakes produce bigger for me but around here 15" trout are the norm out of a stream are stockies are 10"-15"  if you know where to look some of our pools hold some true monsters

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.