FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 525602 times)

62 & Done

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4995 on: Jul 14, 2023, 12:20 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4996 on: Jul 14, 2023, 01:30 PM »
Nice patch!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

piscesman

« Reply #4997 on: Jul 14, 2023, 07:42 PM »
Love black raspberries. There was a huge patch behind our house about 1/8th mile away growing up. In the trees with indirect sunlight. Boy did they grow big. Would spend hours with my siblings eating them. Definitely need long pants. We have a few smaller patches here now and I put them in my cereal bowl with Cheerios and milk + a little sugar. The purple milk tastes great when the cereal is gone........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Bartman44

« Reply #4998 on: Jul 14, 2023, 07:46 PM »
Great patch, I used to have them in my back yard, miss them.

62 & Done

« Reply #4999 on: Jul 15, 2023, 08:46 AM »
Ah that purple milk   :clapping: :clapping:

Time to go pick some more    we're up to 5 gal as of last night

62 & Done

« Reply #5000 on: Jul 16, 2023, 10:17 AM »
got all the gardening done early  whew is it muggy    we're in a river of sweat!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5001 on: Jul 16, 2023, 11:18 AM »
Did mine yesterday early. Mowed greens this morning. Rain was kind enough to stop just in time.

I’m about ready to pull the garlic. Put in some green and waxed beans yesterday. Pulled the experimental garlic I put in last spring. Grew leaves well enough but didn’t produce any bulbs. Down to the last 6 heads of garlic from last year. I’ll dry those and make garlic powder from them.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

62 & Done

« Reply #5002 on: Jul 16, 2023, 05:01 PM »
Going to pull some beets tomorrow and try a second crop of lettuce     never planted it this late- we'll see

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #5003 on: Jul 16, 2023, 10:13 PM »
62 &done , doing the same thing. Cut my last head of romaine today and going to try a second planting

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5004 on: Jul 17, 2023, 11:16 AM »
Any of you growers plant for a fall harvest? If so, what have you had success with?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5005 on: Jul 17, 2023, 11:18 AM »
Just more rows of beans and peas Bob..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5006 on: Jul 17, 2023, 12:43 PM »
We always end up with way more beans than we can use. I don’t like canning them. Don’t have a pressure cooker and really don’t want one. I’ve done them pickled but my Bride isn’t a fan. Freezing them is just ok.

62 & Done

« Reply #5007 on: Jul 18, 2023, 02:03 PM »
I'm all berried out I think 9 gallons are enough , the birds can have the rest I got enough in the freezer to do just about anything with. Made some muffins last night.

Has any one dug any potatoes yet?  I'm thinking about it but don't want to uproot a good plant if there's nothing there yet. Fresh home fries are sounding pretty good.
  Got one of the best gardens ever this year.  Fresh garden salad with lettuce, beet greens, snow peas, cucumber, and yellow squash, mmmm A few beetles but pretty much have them under control.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5008 on: Jul 18, 2023, 04:21 PM »
I pulled my Norland reds a week ago. Very early for me. Had some early blight that I didn’t catch and voles….rotten   little rodents. . I replanted some of  my seed for a fall crop….I hope. Also planted some left over salt potatoes that are already blossoming. Don’t know what I’ll get for harvest, but I had the room. Always worth a shot.

In a couple weeks I plan on putting in some Brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, spinach, radishes and romaine for fall harvest. Just have to get past the dead heat of summer.

62 & Done

« Reply #5009 on: Jul 18, 2023, 07:03 PM »
Think you'll get much for carrots at this date ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.