FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Shad??  (Read 6820 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
Shad??
« on: Mar 22, 2004, 11:05 PM »
I'm just curious if any NEPA fishers get over to the Delaware for the shad run. When I lived in Jersey I would go for weeks now I only go once or twice a season.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Riverjet

Re: Shad??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Oh yeah wouldn't miss it. Been nailing them for years. Usually good for 150 to 200 of them a season.
Heaven is a shallow river & a jet

Dizzy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2004, 11:19 AM »
I see the Delaware River temp's have hit the "magical" 50° mark these past two days. The shad should start to hit in the lower river this week.

patrout

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2004, 04:46 PM »
they are starting to pick up some shad and herring in the river around the power plant also heard about some nice stripers here and there :)

boerboel

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2004, 10:22 AM »
When do the shad reach New Hope? 

Riverjet

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2004, 07:30 PM »
Should be there now.
Heaven is a shallow river & a jet

ilv2Bfishing2

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:14 AM »
HERE'S THE PHONE#FOR THE SHAD HOTLINE RUN BY THE DELAWARE SHAD FISHERMAN 610-954-0577 THEY GIVE UPDATED REPORTS ON SHAD MOVEMENTS. LARRY

boerboel

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:30 PM »
Are there any good access points on the delaware for a small flat bottom boat (i.e slow pool w/o rapids).  I would like to try shad fishing but don't have a float-trip style boat - just a 12' johnboat w/ 5 hp. 

Dizzy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:53 PM »
boerboel,

A 12' jon is fine for the Delaware... what part of the river are you most likely to fish? There's a launch at Belvidere, NJ that is perfect for a jon boat with a small outboard. Same goes for the Sandts Eddy launch downstream from there, closer to Easton, PA.

PPL maintains a beach launch that is nice for "car-toppers" (good fishing too)...  Martins Creek, PA area.

Just a note...  The river can get pretty crowded once the tournament starts.

boerboel

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2004, 07:59 AM »
Thanks.  I'll have to look at a map.  I'll be coming from delaware county - so easton area is only about 45 min up 476. 

boerboel

« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:28 AM »
I'll be on the Delaware tomorow (friday 4-9-04) looking for shad. I'll either go to sandts eddy or easton.   The hotline seems to say it is still a little cold for a good bite but its better than staying home.  I'll post a report.  Hope to see some of you out there.

Dizzy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:36 AM »
boerboel,

Bring an extra rod to soak some bait while waiting on the shad... some huge channel cat's are caught this time of year (cutbait or night crawlers). If you launch at Easton, try upstream a bit between the bridges close to the PA side. It's a good spot for walleye and stripers too.

You'll know if the shad are hitting or not by the line-up to launch boats. If you have the place to yourself, you may be in for a slow day. Usually I don't bother until the water temp hits 50°.

bayonne

« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2004, 03:27 PM »
rt 80 visitors center on the jersey side worthington state park poxono in the nat. park but the shad not thier yet but good walley and cats and smallies

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2004, 04:28 PM »
Dizzy what's a huge channel cat on the Delaware look like these days? Pounds or Inches.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

fastribs85

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2004, 10:20 AM »
anyone having any luck near bristol yardley or tullytown with the shad herring or striper
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.