FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: At the cottage July 8-10  (Read 1572 times)

tip-uptwo

At the cottage July 8-10
« on: Jul 11, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Saturday morning we drove up to the cottage to do a bit of work and to drop Anthony off in Pembroke to meet and fish with well known board member JBarker...fishing was a bonus for me on this weekend :- ...

We arrived at Mikes Bait in Pembroke at 9:00 sharp...Jason was ready to go the minute we got there...Anthony hopped out of the car and into Jason's Truck.They were off.....as we were already at the bait shop I made it a point to get a few things with dad.Some minnows,worms and a few soft plastics to add to the collection we were off...back in the same direction we came in ;D

You could not have asked for better weather this weekend...asides from the humidity, it did not rain at all ;D Sunny skies all day long Saturday.....Sunday was a bit cloudy but nice...Perfect fishing weather 8-) (And bug weather :-/)

Saturday went by really fast :-[ By the time we were done the work that had to be finished, it was time for Anthony and JBarker to return from there fishing trip(Constant Lake I believe, not Constance ;))...then we got the call that they had a shot bearing  on the trailer....they had to now drop the boat off at Jays house in Petawawa before supper....I was getting really hungry >:(..

Our Cottage

Some randoms fishing the little island in front of our cottage(Hey they caught a fish ;))

Better shot of the Island

Getting ready for night fishing from shore(By the way it is really fun if you are prepared)

JBarker and Anthony got back around 6:00...we decided to do a little shoreline bassin before supper...I had caught the only fish in the hour we did fish...Anice 4lbs smallie..I did not have my camera but Jason did...He should be sending me the photos soon...

After dinner it was time to bait up and target some walleye and catfish...getting dark I knew it was the primo time to get 'em.. After being there all day casting a few baits here and there I was determined to get a few...

While Jay and Anthony were fishing top water I caught the first fish of the night...not day..night :D A little walleye..

A tip for those who want there pictures to turn out, I would suggest the camera is in the hands of someone sober ;)

Later on in the evening JBarker had to get home and everyone was getting tired...exept me :o I sat down at the lake until about 1 this morning...I landed this guy at around 11 o'clock..Warning this pic of might scare ya  :P I am really tired....

I ran up to the cottage snapped a pic and then released the little guy...I landed 3 of them that night, all of them on a minnow with a fluro leader,swivel and egg sinker.

It was then time to hit the sac....After getting a pic of Jig head dreaming of fishing the Bass masters Classic with Kevin Van Dam :)

Today was a bit overcast with the sun showing it's face on and off...We decided to do a little shoreline run and fish bass...They were hiding.. :-/

Lucky Horseshoe ::) :-/

Bullhead on a flipping tube ::).....

In all it was a fun weekend...Unfortunatly we were boat-less this weekend.We had to throw out 2 tinnies out in the spring because of leaks...

;D ;D But we now have 2 new boats that are going up there next weekend..we had to wait for a trailer 8-)

-Andrew

Out4Trout

Re: At the cottage July 8-10
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2006, 07:05 AM »
Nice pics and great day by day narrating. Looks like you have a little piece of paradise there.

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Nice pics.!
That is one big bullhead  :o

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Great looking spot.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Awesome camp! I am very jealous.  :(

Where can I get one of those Shimano jackets?
And that is a nice channel cat!

tip-uptwo

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Nope, not a channel ;)That fish is closer to the camera than you think..It was a small bullhead....Channel cats have more of a grey/blue/yellowish tint to 'em...this guy was all yellow ;)

I purchaced my jacket last year at LeBarons...

Pikeguy

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Nope, not a channel ;)That fish is closer to the camera than you think..It was a small bullhead....Channel cats have more of a grey/blue/yellowish tint to 'em...this guy was all yellow ;)

And the tail's not forked  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.