FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where did this detroit team come from?  (Read 63681 times)

archbishop

Re: where did this detroit team come from?
« Reply #120 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:05 AM »
Well Im not sure where this Detroit team came from but I know where there going..............
THE PLAYOFFS !!!

yeah, that means the yankees get a bye the first round :laugh:

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #121 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:14 AM »
yeah, that means the yankees get a bye the first round :laugh:
not yet the Tigers are still in first.  ;)
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

archbishop

« Reply #122 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:57 AM »

by a whole 1/2 game ;) as fast as the gap has closed, thatll be cleared up tonight ;D

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #123 on: Sep 25, 2006, 10:11 AM »
by a whole 1/2 game ;) as fast as the gap has closed, thatll be cleared up tonight ;D
ummm its 1.5 games  :P Ohh wait you must mean overall  :-\

archbishop

« Reply #124 on: Sep 25, 2006, 10:15 AM »
ummm its 1.5 games  :P Ohh wait you must mean overall  :-\

umm yeah, they arent in the same division :cookoo:

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #125 on: Sep 25, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Well I was refering to there division cause when the Tigers wrap that up they will play oakland not the Spanks in the first round :-*

archbishop

« Reply #126 on: Sep 25, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Well I was refering to there division cause when the Tigers wrap that up they will play oakland not the Spanks in the first round :-*

yeah, but i doubt thatll happen ;)

lol, the twins have a 4 game stretch with KC, but the tigers finish against KC, lol its up in the air now, but for both teams watch out, KC may turn out to be a spoiler for someone ??? but the tigers probably will wrap it up because the twins finish with chicago :-\ who knows, the tigers could still win the AL outright :tipup:

spoonfed

« Reply #127 on: Sep 25, 2006, 01:14 PM »
yeah, but i doubt thatll happen ;)

lol, the twins have a 4 game stretch with KC, but the tigers finish against KC, lol its up in the air now, but for both teams watch out, KC may turn out to be a spoiler for someone ??? but the tigers probably will wrap it up because the twins finish with chicago :-\ who knows, the tigers could still win the AL outright :tipup:

i'd have to say the schedule is in the tigers favor but that is why they play all the games. ;D as far as ny yanks they should win every year with the money they spend to get a team. anything less i'd view as a failure if i was the one forking out all that cash. :o ;D

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

archbishop

« Reply #128 on: Sep 25, 2006, 01:25 PM »
i'd have to say the schedule is in the tigers favor but that is why they play all the games. ;D as far as ny yanks they should win every year with the money they spend to get a team. anything less i'd view as a failure if i was the one forking out all that cash. :o ;D

money buys high salaried players, not a team :tipup:

spoonfed

« Reply #129 on: Sep 25, 2006, 02:13 PM »
money buys high salaried players, not a team :tipup:

but isn't a high salary player suppose to be a high quality player.  and high quality players are suppose to be able to win and play as a team.  but that said i will say that these professional high paid players are more about themselves then the team. :-\

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

archbishop

« Reply #130 on: Sep 25, 2006, 02:44 PM »
but isn't a high salary player suppose to be a high quality player.

key phrase, high quality "player" not "teamate" high paid means a great individual, like the old saying, there is no "I" in "team" :tipup:

spoonfed

« Reply #131 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:04 PM »
key phrase, high quality "player" not "teamate" high paid means a great individual, like the old saying, there is no "I" in "team" :tipup:

sad but true :-\  you'd think with all that money one could be a team player.imo i think thats whats wrong with pro sports.most play for themselves and not the team.and too much money.i'd play for cents on their dollars to have that opportunity.

archbishop

« Reply #132 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:17 PM »
sad but true :-\  you'd think with all that money one could be a team player.imo i think thats whats wrong with pro sports.most play for themselves and not the team.and too much money.i'd play for cents on their dollars to have that opportunity.

the problem is all the high priced guys want to show up the other high priced guys so when your down 1 in the bottom of the 9th with a guy on 2nd and 2 outs they try for the walk off instead of a base hit to get 1 run in and at least tie the game, they are too busy playing for stats instead of wins :-\ look at harrison and owens, all you hear is how great and much money owens deserves, mostly from him though :laugh: but if you break down stats him and harrison are similar, but if you break down wins, harrison has a HUGE edge :-\ but you never hear of him, and he isnt the top played player, but probably the top teamate to have in that position :tipup:

not sure why i went to football in this baseball thread ??? :laugh: im going crazy ;D

spoonfed

« Reply #133 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:23 PM »
the problem is all the high priced guys want to show up the other high priced guys so when your down 1 in the bottom of the 9th with a guy on 2nd and 2 outs they try for the walk off instead of a base hit to get 1 run in and at least tie the game, they are too busy playing for stats instead of wins :-\ look at harrison and owens, all you hear is how great and much money owens deserves, mostly from him though :laugh: but if you break down stats him and harrison are similar, but if you break down wins, harrison has a HUGE edge :-\ but you never hear of him, and he isnt the top played player, but probably the top teamate to have in that position :tipup:

not sure why i went to football in this baseball thread ??? :laugh: im going crazy ;D
i dont even want to commant on owens. >:(  but what you just said is oh so true, i think thats why the tigers are as good as they are this yr.  if you have been watching them lately they play as a team and not for themselves.  hopefully they continue.lots of sac. bunts to move the baserunners and guys just trying to win for the team.i think something needs to said for the manager too.selfish play kills teams.

archbishop

« Reply #134 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:32 PM »
yeah, im not too familiar with their roster, but in the playoffs a "team" can only go so far without experiance, as in all sports the playoffs are a different animal :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.