FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: where did this detroit team come from?  (Read 63722 times)

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
Re: where did this detroit team come from?
« Reply #180 on: Oct 11, 2006, 11:45 AM »
someone needs to fire Lou Piniella.  That guy is so "censored wording" annoying
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

SleePac

« Reply #181 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Lou needs to go...I agree.

Leyland for Governor...I agree.

Alexis Gomez...nice hit!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #182 on: Oct 12, 2006, 05:07 AM »
Way to go Tigs! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :flag: :flag: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flex: :flex: :flex:

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Pikeguy

« Reply #183 on: Oct 12, 2006, 10:12 AM »
someone needs to fire Lou Piniella.  That guy is so "censored wording" annoying

I could hardly watch the game last night. That guys almost as stupid and annoying as Madden!  >:(

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #184 on: Oct 12, 2006, 10:38 AM »
I could hardly watch the game last night. That guys almost as stupid and annoying as Madden!  >:(

He's worse than Madden.  My favorite is how they have to have the shot of all three of those yahoos sitting there talking while the game is going on.  They are also clearly A's fans.  Why do the national guys always have a bias against Detroit teams?

Also where did this Gomez guy come from?  Always nice to have someone emerge from nowhere like that.
care for a warm up?

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #185 on: Oct 12, 2006, 12:48 PM »
I definitely agree on the Piniella comments...it's funny how when Lou would say something, the other two would either pause for a long time before commenting, or wouldn't comment at all.   :laugh: He definitely is annoying...and to be honest, I'm not too crazy about the other guys either.  Give me Joe Buck and Tim McCarver ANY day...Those guys are a class act for sure. 

Also where did this Gomez guy come from?  Always nice to have someone emerge from nowhere like that.

Definitely a cool thing...Chris Shelton was that guy at the beginning of the year...Ironic how Sean Casey goes down, and now Shelton isn't in the lineup...and yet another unknown makes his presense felt big time!   :o Oh well, it worked last night for sure.  At this rate, it looks like these guys are gonna freight train their way to the World Series.  ;) With their awesome young talent, these guys should be contenders for quite some time!

-Zach

P.S.- I'm still a big BoSox fan....but my other favorite team is ANYONE who beats the Skankees.  ;)

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #186 on: Oct 12, 2006, 03:02 PM »
personally i love when the national media has a biased against detroit teams..makes them look like idiots when it goes the other way.. the best example is the lakers piston championship..i cant count how many times they said the lakers  would turn it around...gone in 4 straight.

lou's the same way about the tigers..he kept saying that the yankees would shut down the tigers .. im hearing again in this series..despite the fact they are ahead..it cracks me up. i cant wait to hear it when we get to the series.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #187 on: Oct 12, 2006, 03:04 PM »
anyone know why tmrs game time got changed?

Fishing is life

MIRC!

spoonfed

« Reply #188 on: Oct 12, 2006, 03:18 PM »
anyone know why tmrs game time got changed?

they said because of the cold.  the oakland boys are sissy. can't handle it.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #189 on: Oct 12, 2006, 03:21 PM »
thats stupid, who cares about temp or wind? I can understand when it rains, but cmon, its a little cold, it happens. We dont move games because its to hot.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

flockshot

« Reply #190 on: Oct 12, 2006, 03:23 PM »
they are forcasting nasty rain snow mix tommorow right around game time...i think it was a smart move..its hard on both teams to be playin in weather like this. id rather they got started before the rain moves in personally.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #191 on: Oct 12, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Are you serious?  These guys are pros...just throw on some UnderArmor and suck it up.  I can remember twice in one season in high school where we played in the snow and COLD.  The first game was in late April, and was our first game of the season...it wasn't so much the snow as the cold temps and wind, but I was frozen until the 6th inning when I hit a 2 run go ahead double...funny how stuff like that warms you up!  :D The other game was the next week...quite the opposite though.  It wasn't that cold, but we had to take a brief snow delay when the snow was coming down so hard it was hard to see the ball when the pitcher threw it.  After it snowed, the skies cleared and it actually warmed up a little bit.  If we could do it, these guys ought to be able to...  ::)

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #192 on: Oct 13, 2006, 08:21 AM »
The game got moved because of TV . $$$$$$$ The first game of the mets cards got rained out and they didn't want to run two games at the same time. The national media loves everything New York and since the Yankees are gone ......The Mets will have to do. The weather is just an excuse If anything the NLCS game should of been moved cause they lost there travel day now they have to travel AFTER there game. Wouldn't it make sense to move that game up? Oh well I'm done ranting and

GO TIGERS
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #193 on: Oct 13, 2006, 08:47 AM »
now we are going to have to watch the game on that stupid ticker thing that stresses me out and wont' refresh fast enough. 

I'll get out of here in time to listen on the radio.  At least I won't have to listen to Lou Pinheadeilla.
care for a warm up?

flockshot

« Reply #194 on: Oct 13, 2006, 10:48 AM »
theres a thing on espn that is far better then what we were watching chaser...ill see if i can find it at game time again. ill post the link for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.