FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tokaruk  (Read 1336 times)

BABY SITTER

Tokaruk
« on: Sep 27, 2006, 04:13 PM »
I do plan on spending at least one day next week fishing Tokaruk. I know paterson is the one to go to , but when your stuck on something..............
Ive mostly  ice fish that lake. Any hints how to fall fish that lake would be greatly helpfull.
We were going to drift in the float tubes with a bobber and some bait a few feet down. Or try casting little spinners or spoons.
I wish I was a fly fisherman , but stick to what you got

Ont_Bass_Boy

Re: Tokaruk
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I would say with water temp cooling down, fish get a little more bold. Technically insect levels should be slowing down if not at a grinding halt. If your going to use bait I would suggest minnow or leech imitations with water temp cooling Fish are likely to be up cruising the shallower water. Trout are magnets to wood, whether it be a beaver house or a dead head, (ideally the fresher the wood the more likely it will attract fish, small organisms will surrond new falls which attract baitfish, you get the ideal), If you going to be float tubing it you butts on the water it will be difficult to see whats going on around you, so light line and long cast will be you friend i suggest a 4 to 6lb flouro carbon, has less strech in cooler water and less likely to spook fish. You could also try the bubble technique, getting a casting clear bubble and putting a fly on behind it, if so good patterns in the fall are any colour woolybugger or immitation blacknose dace. But don't limit yourself trout depending on the species may not be alone.

TogoJeff

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2006, 10:39 PM »
Well, Baby Sitter?  How'd you do?

BABY SITTER

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2006, 10:45 AM »
We never hit the trout lakes, We stuck around Sandy lake
Duck hunting was poor at best so we got lazy and fished a lake along the family farm that has pike in it from our duck boat .
It was a blast. We had our spread of decoy's, shot guns, and fishing rods.
We ended up with our limit of duck's despite poor numbers. We got a pile of snow's , canada's and a pile of pike too.
After talking with a few locals, they talked us out of the toaruk saying fishing hasn't been all that great. And after walking many miles through farm feilds chasing duck's we were content sitting in the boat around Sandy lake snoozing. Plus with our limit of ducks we came home early to fish this weekend a few extra days up Minaki way\
Sorry no report on tokaruk

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.