FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bow fishing  (Read 2218 times)

nyr114

bow fishing
« on: Apr 08, 2007, 12:02 PM »
does anyone know of a good spot for
bow fishing ???

bayonne

Re: bow fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2007, 09:21 PM »
delaware river

boober

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2007, 09:36 PM »
does anyone know of a good spot for
bow fishing ???
just some info please.i got a bow how would i put on a real.stay safe :thumbup_smilie:

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2007, 02:31 PM »
I personally found the AMS bowfishing standard retriever that attaches to the bow sight to be the best.  It uses a pretty stout line that flows out friction free.  Here is the picture:
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_132&products_id=235

I never had any problems with the line getting snagged while using it.  There is also a set up that looks like a zebco reel with a rod handle.  That one attaches to the bow stabilizer adapter.  I never used that one but it did not look as sturdy.  make sure u replace the regular arrow rest with the roller,  or the heavy fiberglass arrow with tear it up.  Also,  i found that the arrow fletching is not really needed so I ended up removing it from all my arrows after a while.
I also recommed that you get reversable broadheads,  otherwise you'll end up cutting the line everytime you get a fish.  Hope this helps,                  J.
GONE FISH'G.......

nyr114

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:05 PM »
thanks for the help. great information.

hacksaw

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2007, 05:29 PM »
I have one of the AMS bottle reels and am completely satisfied.  I used to shoot a lot of carp in Paulins Kill Lake in Newton NJ.  Havent been there in several years.  I prefer to shoot at night.  We rig a spotlight on a pole which hooks to the battery in the boat.  Fish are definately easier to see at night.  Let me know if you want to meet up one night and go shooting.  I have a couple of buddies that are just gettin into it as well.

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:56 PM »
i got the AMS pro setup....its the best out there heres there sight

www.AMSBowfishing.com
Loren .W.

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I personally,  enjoyed bowfishing for carp in the middle of the day,  with the sun high above.  Carp like to sun themselves just under the surface,  so I would just drift with the wind and look for them.  you get like a spit second before they see u so it's really exciting  ;D.
GONE FISH'G.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.