FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 4-wheeler question  (Read 8059 times)

depthchargedriller

4-wheeler question
« on: Apr 06, 2004, 06:55 PM »
i have a 1998 polaris trail boss 250. i was woundering if there was anyone from NY or PA that would have a crankshaft or even a whole engin. it dosent matter the year or if it is a trail blazer...all it needs to be is a 250 2 stoke engin. i would make an offer on it if someone is willing to sell the item.

depthcharge

depthchargedriller

Re: 4-wheeler question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:06 PM »
well now that im thinking about it a little more. i was thinking that i could ask if people even from OH or NJ, or even any other states around NY. im dieing to get my 4-w fixed....thats how i get to my favorit fly fishing spot. and to top it all off im bored. :-\

depthcharge

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:12 PM »
DCD,
Try EBay and search around there.  I know a few people that have found parts for their quads and bikes on it.  Just a thought!!

T/L
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

depthchargedriller

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2004, 07:23 PM »

DCD,
Try EBay and search around there.  I know a few people that have found parts for their quads and bikes on it.  Just a thought!!

T/L
Steve
ya there is one sale for two engins but i dont really have the money to buy it and ship it. it ends tonight at about 11:54. there is another one on there with the same 4-w but the guy does no shiping or anything. i have tried the local graveyards and they dont even carry any polaris parts. that kinda burned me. o if anyone wants the name of it its called Mikes Salvage or something and the number for hte place is 847-6327. i guess its over...mental block but its by south new berlin in that hlps and it starts with a "P".

depthcharge

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2004, 09:04 PM »
not sure if this will help you or not but its worth a shot! my son found this site and i glanced at prices for whole bike, some were resonable while some were outrageous. i didnt notice if there was a parts area or not, check it out!  http://www.atvtrader.com good luck!

depthchargedriller

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:27 PM »
hey thanks for the site but its just mostly for quads. there were some parts on there but mostly for the kinds of quads that someone would use for raceing. but thanks anyway.

depthcharge

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2004, 07:55 PM »
DCD,
I just copied the post and will check around here for one in the next day or two.  Hopefully we can get you back up and on the trails.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

crappieman12887

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2004, 09:58 PM »
depening where you are located there a guy down the road from me that rebuilds cranks at a really cheap price and all the local shops around here send all the machine work to him i have had him do crank work for me for 125 thats pressing re roding the whole nine.bill

depthchargedriller

« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:51 PM »
well i live in south kortright. if you look at a map i live closest to delhi or stamfrod. those are the two biggest towns around me. crappieman where is this guy your talking about.

depthcharge

crappieman12887

« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:34 PM »
he is located in the glenfalls area,bill

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2004, 10:41 PM »
Don't own one yet, but hope to add a 4-wheeler to the group of toys we have here this year.

I just wanted to compliment the people who have replied and have been so helpful. The MFF people are the best!

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Cider

« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2004, 09:14 AM »
reelcharacter - if you care about my two cents...  I have a 2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 and am very happy with it.  I use it to plow my driveway as well as haul my ice fishing gear and work in the deer woods and around the yard.

I was torn between that one, the Yamaha Grizzly, the Polaris Sportsman, and the Honda Rincon.  I read a lot of articles on these big sport utilities.  Several articles actually did side-by-side comparisons and put them all to the test.  The Prairie outclassed them all every time.  That convinced me.

BUT, the new Prairies (2004) are really different.  They have a 700cc engine and a lot more plastic.  They nice front brush guard is gone now.  If you look at them I would do the same that I did and read the comparisons for the newest model year and see which one out performs them.

depthchargedriller

« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2004, 10:46 AM »
ya i love haveing a use name here on MMF and iceshanty. there are alot of people that are willing to help just about anyone.

where exactly is this guy located in glenfalls. im trying to find hte cheapest way out of this but with haveing good work done. my mom says that my dad used to go there all the time for work done on his toys so i guess he is good.

depthcharge

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #13 on: Apr 09, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Thanks Cider,

I appreciate the info. Would like a solid unit for use with my Landscape Work and have some fun with whenever I get a chance to get away. I prefer the workhorse models and do not care much for the styles that look like they are from some science fiction movie.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

skulldugary

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2004, 08:05 AM »
DCD,I'm in Michigan and have an 88 250 that is getting pretty weak,I need to break it down and do a complete rebuild and am having the same problem here.Finding used ones in half way decent shape is next to impossible and having it rebuilt is out of the question because of cost and age of machine..good luck on your quest........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.