FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rainbows and lightning.  (Read 2248 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Rainbows and lightning.
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Well after knowing akdg online for a couple years I finally got to meet him in person on his yearly trek from New York up to Alaska. Stopped by for a day of fishing.

We pick up Fish-slayer at 6:30 am and head north to Hart lake. Put boats in water shortly after 7:30 am and discover we are first onto the lake. Nice calm waters helped us get to the hot spot quickly. As we were cruising over akdg decides to wet his line and shortly after is into his first rainbow of the day. He is happy his New York flies are working out west as well as back home.

Fish-slayer (our guide for the day) tells us where to anchor and we set up the boat and before we are done Fish-slayer is also into his first bow of the day. Akdg starts tossing his line out and bam he is into them again. We see many cruising close to shore just under the trees. I'm tossing my line with indicator on very close to area but am getting nothing. Fish-slayer and akdg are hammering them. I'm changing flies up and even immitating what they have but no luck.....yet ;)

Akdg with a colorful bow

Fish-slayer in his pontoon boat (that akdg thought would be great for pack ins in New York)

Not sure if he had one on there or not but probably because his rod was bent more than it was straight that day.

Finally after akdg has got close to 10 fish and fish-slayer has lost count....I get a fish on....so akdg has to take a pic to show proof ;D

It was nice to finally be into them like my partners were. I was beginning to wonder if I'd scratched myself to much that day and some scent got onto my flies :-\ . They say its a good day when you lose track of how many you catch so it definately was a good day.

More pics from day:

After having our fill we decide to go trolling for the bigger chromies. We catch the odd one but nothing huge. Decide to head for dock at 2:30 pm when the thunder and lightning start up. As were coming in we notice PGKris has come out as well. Everyone is heading for cover as the darkness approaches. We make it into the car for some smoked/canned salmon from Alaska for lunch. Dang is that good stuff. As well as the liquid refreshments. Thanks akdg ;D Rain lets up in about 40 mins and we are back onto the water.

Akdg and I lost a couple that we thought would of had some decent weight to. Fish-slayer got a 24 incher and that was the biggest of the day. PGKris caught a sucker and that was the first one I had ever seen come out of there. Didn't even know they were in there.

We headed home at 6:30 pm after a good day on the lake. Thanks to Fish-slayer for showing his hot spot. You could see bubbles everwhere in this spot from the fish surfacing there. Thanks also to Akdg for the fishing stories and companionship for the day.

If anyone ever has the chance to fish with akdg from New York, I would highly reccomend it. Great stories and a fun fisherman to have along with you. You can fish in my boat any day bud. Next time though Dave you have to come for a couple days so I can get you into some monster lakers. I will find that lake I was telling you about and we will get there.

greenz

Re: Rainbows and lightning.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 01:23 PM »
Nice looking Bows
Fishing, Flyfishing and Bowhunting!!
Not here for a long time just a good time!!

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:51 PM »
One less sucker in Hart today that's for sure ;D

Somewhat disappointed by the fishing......lots of small stuff.....none of the 4lbers I expect from Hart :'(

Good times! :thumbup_smilie:

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 03:02 AM »
Nice looking day and fish TGF. Next time bring him up my way for some hog lakers and some refreshments ;D Welcome to gods country akdg.

ianwuzhere

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:01 AM »
nice pix.
last year i was at the end of the lake where u guys caught some of those and i could see the fish very close to the shore. There was a bald eagle 1-2 feet from the shore within the willow bushes tryin to catch a few fish. Ive never seen a bald eagle do anything like that before.
keep postin them pix!
cheers!

akdg

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Just getting a chance to get online since we fished together-  what a great time!  Thanks TGF for everything, you're a great host and fun to fish with.  Fishslayer- you are a fishing machine.  It was fun to meet you guys and I look forward to fishing with you guys again someday.  Have a good summer,  and I'll swing by the house on my way back through TGF.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.