FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oregon Coast Chinook  (Read 4723 times)

bigzee44

Oregon Coast Chinook
« on: Nov 05, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I caught this 40 #er trolling herring in the mouth of the Tillamook bay in Oregon.  The four of us landed six fish in two days, four over 30 lbs. (september 2007)

A couple others from the weekend.
38#

36#

Thought i would contribute some pics since i like browsing everybody elses.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: Oregon Coast Chinook
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2007, 05:11 AM »
those are some monsters for sure! Wish we had more like that in the great lakes

Fishing is life

MIRC!

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Nice kings dude!!   8)

Bassfishin1983

• Fishin Forever!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Those are some nice ones.
For The Love Of Fish !!!

unreel

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2007, 05:32 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: nice kings,  send some of the eggs to Lake Ontario,  ours a barely hitting 30lbs the last couple of years.  What make of boat are you in?   nice and wide.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Some gorgeous kings.

:thumbup_smilie: nice kings,  send some of the eggs to Lake Ontario,  ours a barely hitting 30lbs the last couple of years.

The last thing the lake needs is more fish being stocked. Thats one of the main reason the size of the fish are down. Too many competing for the food.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

bigzee44

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2007, 09:16 AM »
:thumbup_smilie: nice kings,  send some of the eggs to Lake Ontario,  ours a barely hitting 30lbs the last couple of years.  What make of boat are you in?   nice and wide.

We were fishing a 22' Willie sled.  Every body likes them down there because they have a wide beam and can run in shallow water. 

unreel

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2007, 10:32 AM »
Some gorgeous kings.

The last thing the lake needs is more fish being stocked. Thats one of the main reason the size of the fish are down. Too many competing for the food.

Thats not totally true,  first the state was getting students from Oswego State to strip the eggs and do you really think they were picking the largest fish......( Human  selection was helping bring the size down)....also I never said they should "add" to the number of eggs fertilized.......... ::)   

We were fishing a 22' Willie sled.  Every body likes them down there because they have a wide beam and can run in shallow water.

Sweet looking ride, will have to check them out.....Thanks

BottomDweller

• team wyoming
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:34 AM »
bigzee, it looks like you're holding an elephant in the second picture.  awesome job.
--~~as long as it's just a slow leak... i'm not worried~~--

--~~softwater pirates afloat on wyoming's high seas~~--

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:57 PM »
A friend in Michigan that runs a couple of fish farms was on the west coast talking to a guy that supplied the first fertilized chinook eggs. The friend made the comment that maybe we need to get some more stock to increase genetic variation. The guy turned to my friend and said, "Hell your fish started out as inbred hillbillies. A male and two females is what started your whole program!

Personally I think the main reason is reduced forage but inbreeding could play a part too. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

the lunker taker

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2008, 12:38 PM »
thats anice one
"GONE FISHIN"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.