FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where to fish?  (Read 2830 times)

freaknsweet17

Where to fish?
« on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:22 AM »
What part of the lake? specific cover should i go to if i want to find the biggest fish in the lake?

Any help would be appreciated

ranger26

Re: Where to fish?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2008, 12:59 PM »

lily pads/grass.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I would have to agree with Ranger on this one, I look for heavy cover. I find my largest fish always come out of heavy cover in shallow water...come 1pm on a warm day you will always find me in the same spot

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2008, 06:37 AM »
Depends on the time of year, and water depth.

Generally, I'd fish near a great big weedbed.

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2008, 08:49 AM »
This is what I look for when I Bass fish :

1. STRUCTURE  like weed beds and old branches that lay in the water
2. During the pre spawn and shortly after the spawn , flats that offer places to nest and ambush food with little effort
3. when it warms up look for shallow transition areas that will again offer food but have a distinctive drop in depth along with the structure  , use senko's in green pumpkin and 4" tube jig's in motor oil or green pumpkin color's.
4 Night fishing with topwater baits is my favorite method for the Big Bass , Jitterbug's and Buzz Baits along any weed beds and points along with inside corners .

teamtwosticks

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2008, 08:24 AM »
those lilly pads do offer up some big fish and alot of action.  but if you want to catch the giant females the best time to do that is right after the spawn.  they are hungry and hanging out near the drop offs close to their beds.  love bass fishin then.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2008, 08:26 PM »
this all depends on a few things. there needs to be plenty of cover, fish tend to feel safer having some refuge close by. then there needs to be the food source, the most food using the least amount of energy.then you have current and oxygen. you need to find the rite oxygen in the rite depth,fish will be much more active in that range.
hard core fanatic!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.