FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hi from Colorado  (Read 2935 times)

ASCTLC

Hi from Colorado
« on: Mar 09, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Hi guys.  Thought I'd post up here since the CO forum looks to be about dead as all hell.  Was lurking for a while over on the I.S. and will likely join that one later this year.  Noticed you guys up here are far more active with your fishing and posting and hope you all don't mind my popping in here.

I just moved from Colorado Springs to northern CO so not too much help yet for those of you who like to come down this way to fish.  Been fishing the small lakes near the house for now.  Far less pressure than the larger lakes (Horsetooth and Boyd). 

Have fished Glendo a bit and is where I like to go (was the only boat out the day after Thanksgiving). Hopefully fuel prices won't reduce the number of trips up there this year.

Andy

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
Re: Hi from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2008, 08:54 AM »
welcome to myfishfinder.

HIMO
                                            MFF Moderator
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Welcome man! Just goes to show Wyoming is better than Colorado! HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

Code4

• "You talkin to me?"
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Unless, of course, you are talking about my mighty Broncos!   :clapping: :bowdown:

fishlord

• http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/rbfishlor
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Welcome.I guess you could say I am from Colo. too.lived in canon city till I graduated and then moved to wonderful Wyo.I love it here but still go to Colo. once and awhile to visit the rest of my family.
Birdman

nacator

• Eddie and the boys, yeah baby!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Welcome to the site, nice to have you here.
"Tyranny succeeds when men of good conscience remain silent"      Thomas Jefferson

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Welcome to Fishfinder and to our lakes as well. ;D

bigzee44

« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2008, 10:06 AM »
ASCTLC,
  What lakes have you been fishing.  Im in laramie and was thinking about trying to pull an early season eye out of Douglas this weekend.  Those N. Colorado lakes heat up pretty quick sometimes.  Might have to check out Watson as well.  Are they running water into Boyd yet?
Zack

ASCTLC

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:47 AM »
Hi Zack,

So far I've only fished Lonetree and Lon Hagler because they are right here by the house.  Bodecker is getting water in it now too..  I heard from someone that Boyd looked really low to them.  Not being familiar with it, I can't comment to the relative level but I thought it looked like there was plenty in it.

I've heard about Douglas and that there was decent fishing in it.  Just haven't tried it yet.  I'd offer to you to join me in the boat on Douglas but may be unavailable this coming weekend.  Maybe another?

As for Watson, I haven't heard of that one.

Carter is still very low.  They just started filling it but only enough to test the dam work.  If all is well, they'll add more.  Someting like +65' to be added this year.  I walked around there yesterday and the northern ramp looks like it is just touching the water.  The south ramp is a long ways out of the water still.

Andy

bigzee44

« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2008, 12:38 PM »
I have had good luck at douglas for smallies and wiper in may and june.  Watson is over by LaPort its a small lake with no boats but some nice smallmouth if you can find them.  It also has some nice looking cutbows. 
Maybe ill see you down there sometime.
Zack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.