FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: worm harness  (Read 1525 times)

Jrock

worm harness
« on: Apr 05, 2008, 03:44 PM »
I decided to start to try and make my own worm harness rigs.  I was curious as to what pound test line i should use.  I was thinking somewhere around 10 to 15lbs, any tips or suggestions would be of a great help.  Also any particular spinner and beed color combo that the walleyes tend to like?

tundra1

• Keep your rod tips up!!
Re: worm harness
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I have been using 8lb flourocarbon... seems to work good and just keep an eye out for abrasion. Use quick change clevises on them and you only have to make a dozen to last a long time.....I make several of different color beads.
 Good Luck this year.
Troll Baby Troll

perchwisher

• nice one!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2008, 05:41 PM »
Depends where your using them!!! In lake erie we use 17lb test super silver thread.Works great! if your doing small inland lakes and are fishing more of a three swivil rig id use 8-10lb
JUST ONE LAST CAST!

eyedoktr

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2008, 06:03 PM »
Seeing as how most of my fishing is done where there are big walleye, I generally use 17# flouro to tie my meat rigs.
Pete Lewis

Jrock

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2008, 10:27 AM »
thanks for the help guys

wile.e.1

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2008, 05:47 AM »
Like the others have said , line size all depends on where ya fish. In Erie I use at least 15lb. I also changed from 2 hooks to 3 ( for those short strikers) I would also make a couple of each color combination....they remind me of salmon some times when all they want is a particular color. When I start fishin I will drop down diff. colors to see what they are in the mood for and generally they will like 1 over the others. Just a couple things that work for me. Best of luck this season to all.  Bob

GAR

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2008, 07:19 PM »
While you're at it, rig a big black or brown bucktail jig with about a 6 inch piece of 8 lb test and a size 4 red lazer stinger hook for the tail end of your worm. Sometimes bouncing a heavy jig off the bottom is more temptation than they can take. G'Luk!

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I use 14 to 20 what ever I have, put a #12 treble hook on the back for a stinger. Check out you tube there was a video on how to make them 

walleye hunter 2

« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2008, 07:36 AM »
I use 12 pound flouro with a quick change clevis. I've found this is heavy enough for big walleyes(i mainly fish henderson harbor area).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.